Is your VHD file inaccessible due to corruption? The SysInfo VHD Recovery software can recover FAT, FAT16, FAT32, FAT64, NTFS, HFS+ and EXTX file systems of your VHD. The UI is designed for both technical and non-technical users, so anyone can use it with ease. To suit your recovery needs, you can choose between two different modes for scanning and three different modes for recovery in this VHD file recovery tool.
Demo Limitations - Free VHD Recovery tool allow users to check the preview of recovered VHD files
Swift & Complete VHD File Recovery
VHD recovery software is smartly programmed to perform recovery of your crucial data from corrupt virtual hard disk aka VHD files. It enables users to select corrupt VHD files from the system directory, and scans the file for errors. After that, it restores maximum possible data from VHD file and saves them in user-defined locations, unchanged from their original forms.
Support Fixed & Dynamic Virtual Disk Types
VHD file is saved into two different types: Fixed Disk and Dynamic Disk. The size of the fixed disk is allocated upon creation, and the entire space is taken by the disk. But in dynamic disk type, only a tiny amount of space is taken. This is the best VHD recovery tool for both types of VHD file, and it successfully recovers all of the data from it.
Dual Hyper-V Disk Scanning Modes
There are two scanning modes in this virtual hard disk recovery software, they enable the corrupt VHD file to be scanned intensively. Standard Mode supports GTP format to scan VHD files if the corruption is minor; and Advanced Mode with custom setting option, if the corruption in VHD file is severe. Click to know the probable reasons of file corruptions
Enable Custom Settings
With this free VHD repair tool, users are allowed to define the custom settings for a selected volume of your VHD file, be it NTFS, FAT, FAT32 or any file system. Custom settings include start sector and end sector from which users want to recover their corrupt VHD data. Also, users are allowed to treat the actual file system as any file system that they wish.
Add Custom Volume
This feature is available in Advanced Scanning mode for recovering complete data from corrupt virtual hard drives. If any of the volumes are missing from the list, you can add them manually. Click 'Add Custom Volume' button to create a new volume. Select it and check 'Custom Settings' for the selected volume box to define the start and end sectors. Also, users can choose any of the desired file system, such as: FAT, FAT16, FAT32, FAT64, NTFS, HFS+, and EXTX.
If users want to recover some particular types of files which are unable to be recovered with other recovery options, then RAW recovery mode is highly recommended. JPG, PNG GIF, BMP, ZIP, RAR, and MP3 file formats are supported by default. This feature is available as an option in Treat file system, where users can choose RAW, and parse the selected volume. Through RAW recovery, users can directly save the data at their desired location.
Add New File Signatures of VHD Files
With the RAW recovery mode of VHD recovery software, users are allowed to add new file signatures to either a new or an existing file before the start of data parsing from the selected volume. All you need to do is click the gear button and define the file settings as per required. Read more…
Support MBR & GPT Partition Tables
Virtual disk recovery software smartly supports both partition table formats, i.e., MBR (master boot record) and GPT (GUID Partition Table), which store the partitioning information of hard disks. This utility successfully restores data from corrupt VHD files and saves them in their original formats. Read more…
Support Entire VHD Files Systems
VHD data recovery software supports all popular file systems created by Windows, Mac and UNIX operating systems, such as: FAT, FAT16, FAT32, and FAT64 (exFAT), and NTFS of Windows, HFS+ of Mac, and EXTXof Unix. All these file systems are also available to repair the selected VHD file volume including RAW recovery feature. Learn how to create VHD file manually.
Multiple VHD File Recovery Modes
Data recovery from corrupt Virtual hard disk drives is performed in three different modes: Standard Mode for minor corruption level, Advanced Mode for severe corruption level, and Deep Mode when all else fails (if NTFS volume is selected).
Recover Formatted Virtual Disk Drives
If selected volume is saved in any FAT file system and the drive is formatted, you must select the advanced recovery mode as it supports recovery from formatted drives. Regarding VHD recovery from formatted drives, it uses a different recovery algorithm unlike recovery from normal drives. Note: Chances for recovery are low in case of formatted drive.
Tree Structure Preview with all Attributes
Users can check their recovered data which are displayed in a tree structure mode. All the folders will be listed on the left pane and users can expand them to check the files they contain. In the right pane, properties of the selected file will be shown. Users can check/uncheck the file and folders which they wish to recover.
Interactive User Interface
The interface of this software is highly interactive and friendly to both technical and non-technical users. It has a self-explanatory user interface, so no prior technical expertise is required to use this software. Click to read the product manual of this VHD file recovery tool.
Compatible with all Virtual & Windows Platform
Hyper-V VHD Recovery Software is highly compatible with all the popular Windows operating system versions - Win 98, Win NT, Win 2000, Win 2003, Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, Win 8 as well as the latest Windows 10 of both 32 & 64-bit. And Supports Microsoft® Windows Hyper-V, Virtual PC and Virtual Server VHD
There are some other additional features which are also helpful:
|Product Features||Free Version||Full Version|
|Support corrupt VHD files saved in fixed disk and dynamic disk types|
|Settings customization for selected volume, i.e. FAT, NTFS, etc. in enabled|
|Support for all popular file systems of different operating systems|
|Support recovery from formatted drive in case of FAT file system|
|Save Recovered Data||Only Preview|
|24*7 Tech Support & secure 100%|
| Money-Back Guarantee
Feel Free to Purchase SysInfoTools Products! We are committed to 100% customer satisfaction & security and thus we provide 30 days money back guarantee. View details...
Specifications of VHD Recovery Software
Virtual hard disk (VHD) is a file format that serves as a virtual hard disk drive (HDD). It can easily be created by using the Disk Management feature of Windows operating systems. A single system may have more than one VHD file containing data which is available on physical HDDs, such as: disk partitions and file systems. Also, it contains files and folders, and sometimes is used as the hard disk virtual device. The main function of virtual hard disks is to enable users to run multiple operating systems on a single machine.
- Dynamic Disk: Though a dynamic disk has a maximum size limit, it is initially very small in size. When it adds the data to the disk, the size increases. It increases by itself in relation to the quantity of data added. Quick allocation of space, minimal space usage, over-commit of hard drive resources, etc. are few common key benefits of the dynamic disk type.
- Fixed Disk: The fixed disk type is quite different from the dynamic disk. When a fixed disk is created, it allocates 100% of the indicated space on the physical media. It provides the fastest VHD mechanism; hence it is faster than dynamic disk.
- FAT - FAT, stands for File Allocation Table. It is an old file format commonly used for small disks and simple folder structures. FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, and FAT64 aka exFAT are few common FAT systems.
- NTFS -NTFS is a New Technology File System used by Windows NT operating systems for storing data on your hard disk. As compared to FAT, it has good performance, extendibility, and security.
- Mac File System -HFS Plus aka HFS+ is the primary file system for Mac OS; it is the new version which replaced the old HFS (Hierarchical File System) file system. It now easily supports much larger.
- Linux File System - EXT aka extended file system is used by the Linux kernel. EXT2, EXT3, and EXT4 are the other members in the extended file system family where EXTS includes all these types.
- MBR is a special boot sector located at the beginning of a drive. It mainly contains of a boot loader for the installed operating system. Also, the information about the logical partitions of drives is saved in MBR. Being an old method, it only works with disks which are up to 2 TB in size. Due to such limitation, it can't handle the disks with more than 2 TB of space.
- GPT is a new standard that has replaced MBR. It is called GUID partition table because every partition on the drive has a Globally Unique Identifier (GUID). Unlike MBR system, it doesn't have any size limit for the drives. In fact, the size limit is simply based on the operating system and its file systems.
The file system of virtual hard disk is FAT 16. I have recently formatted it. Can I use this software to recover data?
Yes, the VHD Recovery software supports recovery from formatted drives, but only if the file system is FAT. Also, the recovery is based on how you have formatted your drive. If you have used quick format, chances for recovery are very low, or may be nothing would be recovered from the VHD file.
Ans. Yes, you can evaluate VHD Recovery for free before purchasing its licensed version. The software is available with demo version which can be freely downloaded. After successful evaluation of the software, users can purchase the licensed version of this VHD file repair tool if they are satisfied with the performance of demo version.