A backup file, which is created by any backup program, may get corrupted or become inaccessible. There are numerous causes due to which your backup file may become inaccessible, such as: virus attack, unexpected system crash, sudden power failure, interrupted backup job, hard disk failure, header corruption and many more.The BKF Repair software is also helpful in such cases when a user wants to extract only a few files from a BKF file and does not want to use full fledge backup software to restore them.
SysInfoTools Backup Exec BKF Repair has numerous salient features, such as:-
- Supports compressed BKF files: Symantec Backup Exec or VERITAS backup exec compress data before writing up in BKF file which makes BKF file smaller but this feature destroys data in case of corruption as standard backup program fails to recognize it and other recovery software ends up in recovering data which is compressed and un-usable. SysInfoTools Backup Exec BKF recovery software detects and decompresses data from BKF files and restores them in their original format.
- Supports recovery of split BKF files: Software supports recovery of split BKF files. This splitting process is usually performed by Symantec Backup Exec or NT-backup, which splits a backup file in multiple 4GB files in respective order. This makes one large file to be backed up in multiple BKF files. Software detects and asks for subsequent split BKF files, then decompresses the file and saves data from it.
- Supports all backup files or BKF: The recovery software supports corrupt backup files of NT-Backup, VERITAS and Symantec Backup Exec. It also restores data from corrupt BKF files which are in compressed form.
- Supports partial scanning: The software instantaneously scans a large-sized backup file in a couple of minutes. You can select either "Scan complete BKF file" option to completely scan corrupt BKF file or "Scan partial BKF file" option to scan corrupt BKF file partially.
- Dual recovery modes with heuristic scanning: Software has two recovery modes to recover corrupt BKF file. "Standard Mode" to fix common and minor corruption issues from the selected BKF file, "Advanced Mode" to fix major corruption issues from the selected BKF file. Advanced mode also supports Heuristic Scanning to fix extreme corruption from the selected BKF file.
- Supports Preview of recoverable data: The software scans corrupt BKF file and displays the recovered files in a hierarchical tree structure. User can see the preview of their recoverable files by clicking on it and can assure that software will be able to recover data from it. The software supports previewing of more than 150 file formats.
- Generates a LOG file of the recovery process: The software allows users to save the whole BKF Recovery process in a text file by clicking on Log. The Log file contains all the information of recovered BKF file and it can be saved at user desired location.
- Save and Load BKF Recovery snapshot: By using this function user can save the snapshot of BKF recovery in any location. This saved snapshot can be used at any time in future to save the precious time which can be spent in the scanning process.
- Saves recovered output at the desired location: The software allows you to save all the recovered files from selected BKF file at anywhere in the computer, i.e. user-defined location.
- Easy-to-use software: The software is intelligently designed with a self-explanatory user interface. It will lead the user throughout the process of BKF recovery in a series of well-defined steps. This helps both a technical and a novice user in conducting successful BKF recovery.
Download Demo Copy:
SysInfoTools Backup Exec BKF Repair software is available with free demo version. You can download demo version and check all the functionalities of software before purchasing the full version. The demo version allows you to repair corrupt BKF file, but you cannot save the recovered output. You can see the preview of recovered data in demo version. To save recovered data full version of software is required.
Note: You can only see the preview of recovered files which are under 20 MB of size.