Summary:-Exporting Outlook contacts means taking out contacts from Outlook accounts to other specified places for security or other personal reasons. It basically means to move contacts from Outlook to another destination for creating a copy of the contacts and moving that copy to another destination like Gmail, AOL Mail, internal storage, etc. However, the most common and secure way to export Outlook contacts to CSV file, a simple text file you can open in various programs. But What if you do not have an Outlook installation on your computer? In that case, you can use the Outlook PST Converter, which allows you to export Outlook contacts to CSV file without Outlook discussed in this article.
Why Users Export Outlook Contacts to CSV Files?
CSV files have various advantages and benefits, allowing users to open them on any program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- A CSV is a simple text file in which commas separate information.
- CSV file allows users to move data between multiple programs.
- The Comma Separated Values file is easy to create and human-readable.
- One can use a CSV file to store all information, as it offers several rows & columns to enter the data.
- A CSV file is close-packed compared to other formats like XML or JSON.
- CSV file is fast, reliable and efficient for users to manage.
- Whether you store multiple data in it, a CSV file does not consume more memory.
How to Export Outlook Contacts to CSV file without Outlook?
If you want to export Outlook contacts to CSV file without Outlook installation, there is no manual method; you only perform this process using the Outlook PST Converter. The software allows you to convert single and multiple Outlook data files (pst) to CSV files. Furthermore, it is compatible with Outlook PST versions like 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc.
Simple Steps to Convert Outlook Contacts to CSV File Without Outlook
Just import the Outlook PST file on your computer containing contacts and go with the steps given below to export PST to CSV:
- Download and Install Sysinfo PST Converter on your computer.
- Then, run the software and select the PST file or files.
- Check the folders and preview the required one by double-clicking on it.
- Select CSV as a saving format from the drop-down list.
- Use the Remove Duplicate Mail option to exclude similar emails.
- Mail Filter allows you to perform the selective migration of mailbox data.
- The Path To Save option selects the destination path for the output folder.
- Finally, click on the Convert button to start PST to CSV conversion.
Why Choose this Software?
The software includes multiple benefits and features in it that more or less suggest you to rely on this software for Outlook PST file conversion:
- Convert PST file into CSV, MBOX, MSG, HTML, MHTML, PNG, PDF, EML, etc.
- Import PST files to Gmail, Office 365, AOL, IMAP, Outlook.com, and other email clients.
- Export single and multiple Outlook mailbox items like Emails, Contact, Calendar, Tasks, Journals, etc.
- It runs on all the Windows versions like 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, etc.
- Preserve the original folder hierarchy during the PST file conversion.
- Offers features to preview the Outlook folder details like Total Message Count, Date, Attachments, From, Email message, etc.
Solution to Export Outlook Contacts to CSV If Outlook is Installed on Your Computer
The manual method to convert Outlook data files to CSV only works if Outlook is installed in your system. You can also select duplicates one by one and then Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook. Follow the steps below to export Outlook mailbox items as a CSV file:
- Start Outlook and go to the File tab.
- Select Open & Export>>Import/Export option.
- Choose Export to file and click Next.
- Select the Comma Separated Values option and tap Next.
- Select the folder containing contacts and click Next.
- Click Browse to select the destination path for the output folder.
- Once you have completed all the required settings, click on the Finish button.
How to Export Contacts from Outlook.com to a CSV File?
- Firstly, Sign in to Outlook.com.
- Go to the Profile icon and select the People option.
- Here, select Manage and choose Export contacts from the list.
- It depends on whether you want to export all contacts or only contacts from a specific folder and click Export.
- Click Save to download “contacts.csv” in your default Downloads folder.
- Go for Next>>Save As to finish the process.
Exporting Outlook Contacts to a CSV file without Outlook is easy if you use our recommended PST Converter Tool, as there is no manual process to Export Outlook Contacts to CSV. However, we also discussed the steps to export Outlook/Outlook.com contacts to a CSV file if Outlook is installed on your system.