Summary: This blog post addresses the answer of the highly asked question – How to remove pdf document restrictions without using any software – A DIY Guide for PDF users.
PDF files are used around by many users around the world and are locked or protected with a password. To view or open these PDF files you need to remove PDF document restriction or remove the pdf password. Let us read further to know more.
There are two kinds of protected or restricted PDF documents:
- User-locked, which means you need a password to view the contents. Unlocking user locked PDF file without a password is impossible
- Owner-locked, which means you need a password to copy, print, or otherwise modify the PDF’s contents. You can open owner-locked PDF for which you’ve forgotten the password by the Google Chrome method.
If PDF files are password protected or restricted, then these PDF cannot be opened, edited, shared, saved and printed without the proper authorization. Following are the methods that you can use to remove PDF document restrictions.
Now let us move forward to know how to remove pdf restrictions.
Methods to Remove PDF Document Restrictions Without Software
- Remove PDF Passwords using Google Chrome
- Unlock PDF Files using Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Use Free Web Applications Online
- Remove PDF Restrictions with PDF Unlocker
Method 1: Remove PDF Passwords using Google Chrome
Follow the given below steps:
- Start by dragging and dropping the PDF file into a new tab to open them or by right-clicking on PDF file with open with option and select your browser from the list.
- Right-click on the PDF file and click on print.
- Select the option on the printer as “Microsoft Print to PDF” and click on print.
- This process will download the PDF file with no password.
Method 2: Unlock PDF Files with Adobe Acrobat Reader
Follow the steps given below:
- Start by Downloading Adobe Reader and install it.
- Then open the PDF you want to open it.
- Then go to File > Properties > permission details (Shown on left)
- Open Security Tab
- Select ‘No Security’ option
- In the Security Method drop-down menu, go to remove the password
- Save the PDF file.
Method 3: Remove PDF Passwords with Free Web Application
If you want to remove PDF restrictions from your PDF files right from your mobile device or tablet then you can use this method. The only drawback this method has is that PDF files of huge size are not decrypted easily and effectively by this method. You can unlock PDF files using web applications no matter what platform you use i.e this method works for windows, mac, android, ios, etc as many websites offer pdf password removal online.
Method 4: Remove PDF Restrictions with PDF Unlocker Tool
If you don’t want to use the above manual methods, then you can easily download and use PDF Unlocker Tool.
Some of the features of this tool are:
- It can easily deal with single and multiple files.
- Can easily remove both user password as well as owner password.
- Restrictions related to copying content from PDF files, the printing of PDF files, editing of PDF files, page extraction, commenting, document modification, document assembling, etc. Can be easily removed.
- Allows modification of Metadata and other information.
- Provides preview option along with saving data mode.
So, you can easily download and use this tool to remove all the restrictions in PDF documents on your own without the need for any technical expertise.
Many of us use PDF files on a daily basis for information exchange and face this issue that the PDF files are password protected or encrypted. So to answer this question -How to remove PDF Document Restrictions? You can follow the above-explained steps. If you are not satisfied with the effectiveness of manual methods to remove pdf password/restrictions, then you can easily download PDF Restriction Remover Tool and remove PDF file restrictions on your own.