Summary:-RAR files are basically used to reduce the file size so that they can be sent over emails quickly. It is the compilation of many files together in a compressed form. But extracting data forcefully or interruption during the compression process makes the RAR file corrupted, and the WinRAR application fails to extract data. In such a situation, it becomes necessary to repair corrupted RAR files. In this write-up, we will discuss the methods to repair corrupted RAR files using the WinRAR utility. However, you can also use the direct and highly suggested Archive Recovery Tool to repair corrupt & inaccessible RAR files.
What is WinRAR Used For?
WinRAR is a free file archiver utility for Windows that allows users to create and view archives in RAR or ZIP file formats and unpack numerous archive file formats. It is used not only to create RAR files but also to repair corrupted RAR files or fix corruption from them. The archive is invalid or corrupted whenever WinRAR fails to extract data from the RAR archive. You can repair the corrupted RAR archive using the WinRAR application’s built-in repair feature.
How to Repair Corrupted RAR Files?
There are two best methods to repair the corrupt RAR file with and without WinRAR installation. We will discuss both in detail to fix the ZIP file corruption instantly.
Method 1: Repair Corrupted RAR Files using WinRAR
Follow the steps given below to repair corrupted RAR file for free:
- Open your WinRAR application.
- Click on the File tab, Open archive, or simply press Ctrl+O.
- A new small window, Find archive, will appear.
- Now locate your corrupt RAR file from the system directory and click Open.
- Click on the Tools tab>>Repair archive, or simply press Ctrl+R.
- Again a new small window Repairing FileName.rar will appear.
- Now Browse the location where you want to save the new repaired archive.
- The box Treat the corrupt archive as RAR is checked by default. But if it is not, then do check it.
- Click on OK. The repairing process of the selected archive file will be started.
- Once it is completed, click on the Close button.
The RAR file will not be repaired by using the WinRAR program if the level of corruption is too high, i.e. severe corruption of the file. There is also a chance that you might lose all your data. In such a critical situation, you can use the third-party tool to recover your data from corrupt RAR archive(s).
Method 2: Repair corrupted RAR File Using the Professional Solution
SysInfo Archive Recovery Software is the best utility to repair corrupted RAR files. The software is compatible with all file types of archive recovery, like .zip, .rar, .tar, tar.gz, and .7z. In addition, the tool effortlessly repairs corruption errors like “CRC Errors” or “Unexpected end of archive”.
- Launch SysInfo Archive Recovery software on your system.
- Now select the corrupt archive file type, for example, ZIP, RAR, TAR, TAR.Gz or 7z. To repair a corrupt RAR fil e, click on the RAR box.
- Check either Single or Multiple files boxes and click on Browse.
- Select corrupt RAR file(s) from your system directory and click Open.
- The selected RAR archive(s) will be shown on the edit box, and then click on Next.
- Select Standard Mode or Advanced Mode of RAR file recovery and click Next.
- The scanning process of selected RAR archive(s) will be started.
- All the recovered files will be shown where you can check them and click Next.
- Click on Browse to select where you want to save the recovered data.
- Select any location from the list to save the recovered files and click OK.
- The selected location will be shown on the edit box, and click Save.
- The saving process of recovered files will start, and once it is completed, click on OK.
- Now click on Close to close the software application.
- Finally, you can view all the compressed files in the RAR file without missing a single data.
The choice is yours, as I have provided you with two options to repair corrupted RAR files. If you are facing minor corruption issues, then WinRAR’s inbuilt feature to repair the files would be the best option. But if you cannot extract data from the RAR file using WinRAR, then I recommend you to try the Archive Recovery Tool. There is a guarantee of complete data recovery without losing a single file.
Before taking the risk, keep in mind that losing data would be crucial for you and on the other hand, you can recover all data using the professional tool. I hope you liked this blog.