How many unread Gmail messages do you have right now? One? Or One Thousand? Well, all those email messages are occupying the space of your webmail account. Some of the mail which are unread, old, and archived are occupying the unwanted space and due to this, you’ll get the Gmail running Out of Space messages.
Google provides the 15 GB of digital storage to its users, which includes Gmail, Google Drive, Google Photos, and other google apps. 15 GB is much space, but if we once started using all these Google services, then space fills up early, and then you probably thinking to free up some space of your Gmail account.
Here are some tips and tricks to resolve Gmail running out of space issue
You can follow these tips given below.
Tip No. 1: Analysing & Free Up Some Space
To manage your account and to free up some space, you need to analyze your Gmail account. Also, to know about how much storage is used for the required data and how much is for unwanted data. Overall, you need to analyze the storage distribution, which was distributed among Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos.
The solution to Resolve the Gmail Running Out of Space:
- Delete Unnecessary Items like Mails, Files and Other Attachments
- Try to make a new Gmail account and then try to migrate some mails to another account.
Tip No. 2.Delete Unwanted Mails
One of the free and fast methods to free up some Gmail space is to delete those emails who are not in use. As the maximum space of your Gmail account is occupying due to the social media mails and other spammy mails. And you can’t deny from the fact that you can’t use Gmail application on your mobile phone this means that Google photos have auto-synced all your photos to free up space. So, delete all those photos and videos that are not important and this will delete your good amount of space.
To delete the items from you google drive, filter the data according to you. If you are want to delete larger and older files than you can simply type Larger:5m,” “Older_than:1y on the search box section and finally remove that files. Once you follow this method then you can find that your Gmail space is free up and now you are able to send and receive mails again.
Tip No. 3.Forward Mails to Another Gmail Account
The above method is helpful in case when you have some unimportant emails and other google data but what if you have all important data? In that case, you can do is, try to make another Gmail account and move you’re some data to that new Gmail Account as this will help you to free up some space from in Gmail account.
Follow steps to transfer your emails:
- Sign-up with new Gmail account.
- Then move to your old Gmail account.
- Go to Setting options there.
- After that, press on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab present on the upper section.
- Click on the delete Gmail’s copy from the drop-down menu available.
6. Now, move to your new account.
7. Hit on the Accounts and Import tab.
8. Click on the Import Mail and Contacts option available.
9. Then, a pop-up will appear to you here enter the email id of that account from which you want to free up some space.
10. Press the continue button.
11. The process starts as soon as you Allow for all the permissions.
12. Click on the Start import button.
An alternate method to migrate your Gmail emails.
You can try this above method to transfer your Gmail emails but if you find those steps lengthy and time-consuming then you can use third-party Gmail Backup tool which helps you to transfer your Gmail email with few simple clicks. Some other benefits of using third-party tools are:
- One can easily take a backup of Gmail emails with attachments like contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, todo, etc.
- Capable of transfer data from Google drive, docs etc.
- Have a feature to save mail data in PST, MSG, EML, TXT and many other formats.
In this technical guide, you’ll get to know about Gmail Storage services and the ways by which one can fix Gmail Running Out of Space problem with the help of two different ways i.e, with the help of manual ways as well as professional ways. As both methods are given to you but apart from this, it is always recommended to use the professional Gmail backup tool.