Summary:-Being an Outlook user, you must be aware of the PST Files. It is not easy to access PST files without MS Outlook and many people don’t know the process to Add PST to Outlook. Therefore, here you can see various techniques to import PST files to Outlook including emails, calendars, tasks, and folders. Either you can use the manual methods to import PST file emails to Outlook or use the Add PST Tool to do the same.
Each email account which is configured with Outlook has its own PST file. For example: if you have configured five different email accounts with your Outlook email client application, five different PST files will be created and stored on your system. Those PST files are attached to your Outlook profile by default. But if you have copied the files from another system or any external device, or received them from any other Outlook user, you need to add PST file to Outlook profile to access them. Without attaching the files to Outlook, you can’t use or access them in your Outlook email client. In such a critical situation, there are two things which can certainly help you:
- A manual method for importing the PST files to Outlook. (only one file at a time)
- A third-party tool to Attach PST files to Outlook profile.
3 Efficient Methods to Import PST Files to MS Outlook
The methods for importing emails from a PST file to Outlook are different for Windows 10 and Windows 7. You can take a look at all the methods to add PST to MS Outlook.
Adding PST to MS Outlook in Windows 10
Follow the steps to import personal files into Outlook given below:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your system, and click the File tab.
- In the Open category, click Import.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Click Outlook Data File, and then click Next.
- Now type the path and name of the file that you want to import, or click Browse to choose the file to import.
Note: Under Options, it is recommended that you click Do not import duplicates unless you want the imported information to replace or duplicate items that are already in Outlook.
- Click Next.
- Select the folder that you want to import. To import everything in the .pst file, select the top of the hierarchy.
Note: The top folder (usually Personal Folders, Outlook Data File or your email address) is selected automatically, and the Include subfolders are selected by default. All folders under the folder selected will be imported.
Import PST to Outlook in Windows 7 and other earlier versions
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your system.
- On the File menu, click Import and Export. If the option is unavailable, then you need to move the pointer over the chevrons at the bottom of the menu and then click Import and Export.
- Now click Import from another file, and then click Next.
- Click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.
- Now type here the path and name of the PST file that wants to import, and then again click Next.
- Here select the folder that you want to import. To import everything in the PST file, select the top of the hierarchy.
- Click Finish.
Important Notes Before using the manual trick, make sure:
- The Outlook data files aka PST are not corrupted.
- The Read-only attribute of the PST file you are about to import is not selected. If it is selected, you may receive an error message or may face a problem while copying the files from one system to other.
- If you have numerous PST files, it will certainly take more than enough time to import the files to Outlook. In such a situation, you can try a third-party tool for adding the files to Outlook in just a single click.
Use Third-party tool to Import PST to Outlook in Windows
SysInfoTools Add PST Software can easily import multiple PST files to Outlook profile in just a single click. It is an advanced way that can help you import numerous PST files to Outlook without causing any changes or damage. You can try a free demo of this tool before buying its licensed version. The Demo version of this tool will allow you to import the PST files which are up to 10 MB in size.
In this blog, we have discussed both the manual and professional third-party methods to add PST files to Outlook. Manual methods are different for the different Operating Systems but the professional method is compatible with all the versions of Windows OS. It’s all up to you which one you choose.