Article summary: So today, we will discuss one of the most asked questions i.e. how to troubleshoot “Outlook Internal error code=0000000E”. With this, we will also tell you the reasons/causes and how to resolve it on your own. So to know more keep reading.
I guess you all know how important MS Outlook is?
This Microsoft application not only helps you to send or receive emails but is also designed with some of the most advanced features.
Even being developed by Microsoft, Outlook has quite a number of issues that still need to be fixed.
And due to this, users face a lot of errors on a daily basis.
Till date, there are around 187 errors that I have heard off.
And one of them is ‘Outlook error code=0000000E’
It is one of the most common errors and it occurs while trying to access OST files.
Reasons for Occurrence
Outlook basically creates two files .pst and .ost to save all your data stored in your profile. Being an offline file, OST files always syncs with Exchange server database to help users to view their files offline.
However, if there happens to be a synchronization interruption then there are good chances that you may face errors related to OST files.
Synchronization of OST files with your Exchange server is a crucial process to keep your Outlook updated even during offline mode. And even a single interruption may lead to corruption or inaccessibility in OST files.
It basically affects the reliability and integrity of your offline files thus making it inaccessible along with the stored email data in it.
Due to this several errors popup like:
- OST Internal error (error code=00000003)
- Error code 0x8004103b (unknown error” error code 0x8004103b)
- Service-specific error 0 (0x0)
- Outlook Error-message/c5e20916-9359-43fc-9bd9
- Error 8004011D-526-80040115-0
How to Troubleshoot the Issue
There are certain techniques which will ultimately help you to fix the issue.
Method 1: By Using ScanIST.exe Tool
All the above errors or even the OST Internal error (error code=0000000E) mostly occurs due to synchronization issues or corrupt OST files. Which can easily be dealt with the help of using the OST Integrity Check (ScanOST.exe) tool developed by Microsoft. It’s a free tool which can be used to fix various errors related to OST files.
Note: This tool is only available for earlier versions of MS Outlook.
How to Use It?
Follow the below step by step guide on how to use the free ScanOST.exe tool to resolve the following error:
- To use the tool, firstly, you have to close your MS Outlook
- Click on Windows button or the search bar and type .exe in the provided field
- Double click on the .exe file & open the in-built command line
- Click on Properties button & from the from the drop-down menu of Always use this profile option, just select Outlook & click on Ok
- Browse and select the files that need to be scanned
- For implementing Work Connect or Offline, select Connect
- Now opt for Repair Errors checkbox & let the tool repair and rectify all the errors
Even after following the process, the application couldn’t rectify the data and if it still remains inaccessible. Then the chances are that your OST files are corrupt or damaged. In these cases, the only way to get back your data is by using a good repair application
Drawbacks of Scanost.exe Tool
- Not that effective in retrieving deleted files or folders
- Sometimes it works sometimes doesn’t to resolve synchronization issues
- A highly time-consuming procedure
- Not a good solution for oversized OST files
- Not effective in resolving corruption errors
Method 02: By Using an Effective OST Recovery Tool
Unfortunately, if these steps don’t work then the only way through which you can get back your data is by using an effective third-party software.
If you Google, there are zillions of online applications which are available but not all of them are effective in fixing these issues.
Being an expert, I have used and even reviewed a lot of applications on this line and one of the software that I still rely on is SysInfo OST File Recovery.
The software is quite effective in recovering data from corrupt OST files in Windows. In addition, it has been also designed with advanced features to tackle any type of OST file errors like this one.
Plus the best part of this tool is that it has a free demo version which you can just download from their main site and use it. You can use the free version to evaluate the tool and all its features.
Note: The software only runs on Windows and is not compatible with MAC or Linux.
See, it totally depends on user to user which method to choose. Being an expert, I would always suggest you to go for Method 1. Although, using a software to fix issues is an easy job but go for it, only when you are sure that the manual method might not work.
Hope now you know how to troubleshoot MS Outlook internal error code 0000000E.