If you are also juggling the management of several IMAP accounts while looking for the best location to configure them all. Then you will get the proper assistance regarding your issue in this write-up. This technical guide will explain the best methods to migrate IMAP to Google Workspace using traditional and professional techniques. The professional method includes the IMAP Backup Tool
that will move all IMAP emails to Google Workspace with all attachments.
Today, IMAP is the only protocol that allows you to access your account from multiple devices. However, managing each account separately is a very difficult task. Therefore, configuring all your IMAP accounts to G-Suite is a better option. You may be wondering why Google Workspace was chosen to migrate all IMAP-based emails. So, there are many reasons to support Google Suite for IMAP migration.
Why Transfer IMAP to Google Workspace?
There are numerous factors that make G Suite the ideal location for IMAP-based email clients. Below is a list of a few of them.
- G-Suite has an intuitive user interface that enables users to manage multiple accounts at once.
- You can add 15 IMAP accounts in G Suite.
- G Suite supports 600 domains.
- Although you receive 15 GB of free storage, you can always purchase more if you need it. The cost of additional storage is very low.
- G Suite provides video conferencing and calling capabilities.
The list keeps going. The benefits of the G Suite go beyond those mentioned above. It is therefore the first option for IMAP migrations. So, discover how to migrate from IMAP to Google Workspace in the section below.
IMAP to Google Workspace Migration with a Manual Approach
Take the below steps to perform this technique.
- Go to Google Workspace and select the admin account.
- Select the Data Migration option under the Admin Console.
- To change the settings, click the Set Up Data Migration button.
- Select a migration source in this section if you are aware of its name; otherwise, select I don’t know.
- Now choose the items you want to migrate.
- Choose the Connection Protocol and the option for Auto Select, or make the appropriate choice.
- Manage the Role Account section Input your Source server ID to confirm that your Source server can connect and that the Account can receive Migration Reports.
- After that, click the Authorise button.
- The last step will redirect you to the Service Provider page. From there, authorize the account by entering your email ID and password.
- Once you finish the authorization task. You’ll be redirected to the migration page. Enter the source account ID of the account whose emails you want to migrate in G Suite.
- At last, the Data Migration page shows you the status of your added account.
That’s how you transferred the IMAP account to G Suite, with a hectic and complex approach.
However, you can use the aforementioned methods to add one or more IMAP accounts. However, because of their complexity, there are times when the migration fails and your entire process is in vain.
So, you can speed up the process and move your various IMAP-based accounts to Google Workspace at once by using the IMAP Backup Tool. Let’s check out how.
Migrate IMAP to G Suite Without Hassle
Though we see how critical and complex steps involve the above method, in certain cases, your IMAP email account is still not configured. However, by using the Sysinfo IMAP Backup Tool, you can fix all of these issues and migrate one or more IMAP-based accounts in a matter of simple steps. Look over the actions listed below.
Steps to Migrate IMAP to Google Workspace
- Download the IMAP Backup Tool and run it as an administrator.
- If you want to add more than one account, click the Import CSV button; if only one or two accounts need to be added, click the Add Row button.
- Pick the IMAP-based account that you want to backup.
- Select the email folders you want to backup.
- Choose Google Workspace from the list of available saving formats for the IMAP account.
- After entering the G Suite email address, click Login.
- Manage the other advanced features and click the Convert button.
In this way, you can migrate one or more IMAP-based accounts to Google Workspace. Additionally, you can avail of several other features that can support your IMAP- based accounts. Let’s look at a quick summary of the tool’s advanced features.
Why Choose Sysinfo IMAP Backup Tool to Migrate IMAP to Google Workspace
- Your IMAP account and attachments can be saved to 8 formats and 3 email clients other than Google Workspace.
- You should not possess any technical skills to run this sophisticated tool.
- Your IMAP account is free from duplicate emails.
- Save IMAP emails with or without attachments.
- Take a backup of the account you’ve chosen, using the specified time frame.
- Keep your IMAP account space free after taking a backup of your account.
This write-up explains methods to migrate IMAP to Google Workspace. Comparatively, the manual method is very complicated and frequently fails to migrate IMAP accounts successfully. Additionally, you need to repeat the process if you have multiple accounts. However, you can easily transfer IMAP-based email accounts and access a number of advanced features with the help of a professional utility and without any technical expertise.
Q. Can I migrate my old IMAP-based email account?
Ans – Yes, with the Sysinfo IMAP backup tool, you can migrate any IMAP email account.
Q. What additional features will I receive with this sophisticated utility?
Ans – This cutting-edge tool offers a number of features that you can use. You can check the list below.
You can choose to save emails between a certain date range.
Your IMAP account can save to 8 trending file formats like PDF, PST, MSG, EML, EMLX, and others.
Your account does not hold any duplicate emails.
You have the option to save emails with or without attachments.