Summary:-It is really difficult for Outlook users to manage a lot of PST files because it causes confusion and mishandling of files. Therefore it is always recommended to merge PST files before you lost any of them. As there are different versions of MS Outlook so there are different methods of combining PST files. In this article, we’ll share the manual techniques to merge multiple PST files into one PST file.
Manual Method To Merge Multiple Outlook PST Files Into One
There are various methods to combine the PST files into one PST file. You can follow the manual methods given below to merge PSTs in different versions of MS Outlook.
Steps to Merge Outlook Files
Step 1. Make a New Blank PST
- In the window of the Outlook, click on “New Items” > “More Items” > “Outlook Data File”.
- Select a location to save the new blank PST and provide a name for it.
- Click on “OK”.
Step 2. Combine all Existing PST files into the Newly Created Blank PST File
Follow these Instructions:
- This will open the Import-Export Wizard. Select “Import from another program or file”
- Click on “Next”.
- Select this – “Outlook Data File (.pst)” as a file type to import from.
- Click on “Next”.
- Click the “Browse” button and locate the file to import.
- Check the “Do not import duplicates” box.
- Click on “Next”.
- Select which folder you wish to import.
- In the boxes, check the “Include subfolders” and “Import items into the same folder in”
- Click on “Finish”.
After following the above steps to import pst files do the same for each file. Once all files have been imported the data will be automatically combined into a single PST file, then the User can export larger PST files to any machine to access all mailbox data.
Merge PST Files in Outlook 2016 Manually
- First, open the MS Outlook program.
- Create a new .pst file. Click on New Items > More Items > Outlook Data File.
- The window “Create or Open Outlook Data File” will appear. Name this new .pst file and click on OK.
- You can see this new .pst file is highlighted in the Outlook navigation pane.
- Now click on File tab > Open > Import.
- The “Import and Export Wizard” will appear. Select Import from another program or file and click on Next.
- Now select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on Next.
- File to import: Click on Browse to select a .pst file from which you want to import data.
- Check Do not import duplicates and click on Next.
- Now select a folder to import from the selected .pst file.
- Check Import items into the same folder and select the new .pst file which you created earlier. Click on Finish.
- The selected folder of the selected .pst file will be imported to the new .pst file within a few seconds.
But one thing you should know is that Import and Export feature doesn’t allow you to import multiple mailbox folders at the same time. For example: if you want to import four mailbox folders from a .pst file, you have to import them one by one to a new .pst file. It may take enough time if you want to merge ten .pst files into one file by using this feature. In such a situation, you must use SysInfoTools PST Merge software to merge your multiple .pst files into a single file. It doesn’t take enough time and safely combines your multiple .pst files into one file.
Combine PST Using Outlook 2007
- First, open the Microsoft Outlook program.
- Now open all the .pst files which you want to merge into your Outlook profile. Click on File tab > Open > Outlook Data File.
- Once all the .pst files are opened, get all of them in a single System folder.
- Select a .pst file to make it the base file to merge all other .pst files into it.
- Now first open the main .pst file which you have selected as the base file. Then open other .pst files as well.
- All the .pst files will be shown in the Outlook navigation pane. Expand them one by one.
- Now move the items from the expanded file to the opened file. For example: If you want to move Contacts, right-click on it and select Move Contacts.
- A new short window will appear. Select the opened file and then select Contacts. Now click on OK.
Preferred Method to Merge Multiple PST Files
Sysinfo PST Merge Tool is one of the best tools to merge multiple Outlook files at once, and the trial version is available on our website from there the user can download it for free. But before describing the working process of this tool, we will tell you some prominent features of this tool.
- 3 Options to Merge files i.e. Merge PST, Join PST and Merge Contacts folders.
- Application with Non-destructive feature.
- Removal of Duplicity.
- Supports all versions of MS Outlook and is compatible with all Windows.
- Add new PST to Outlook profile.
- Secure new PST with Password Protection.
- Simplified easy-to-use application.
Now, we will tell you the working procedure of this tool step by step. Follow the below:
Step 1. Launch the PST Merge software in your system and select multiple PST files which you want to merge into a single file.
Step 2. Now, select any location from the list, for example, Desktop then click “OK”.
Step 3. Now choose the option to “Merge PST Files”, and you may also protect the new PST file by applying a password. Then click on the “Next” button.
Step 4. Wait until the process Finishes.
We described the manual method to merge Outlook files into a single file and the expert solution. A user can use any method of them. But I would suggest you go with the using an expert method because there is no chance of data loss while the user can lose his/her data with any single mistake in the manual method.