Nowadays, many users have two email accounts for different purposes. Still, sometimes it becomes quite difficult for them to manage multiple accounts. Also, to check the new emails separately in several email accounts. Outlook allows its users to bring all the account messages into a personal folder project to a single mailbox. Here, in this article, I will let you know how can you merge two email accounts in Outlook. So, here we go.
Methods to Merge two Email Accounts in Outlook
You can combine POP3 as well as IMAP email accounts in Outlook. For that, you need to follow the below-mentioned techniques.
Method 1: Combine Outlook Accounts using POP3
In order to get the email messages from multiple Outlook accounts at the same place, it is always better to give the same delivery location for all MS Outlook accounts. You just need to follow the below steps to change the delivery location and combine multiple email accounts in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
- Firstly, open MS Outlook and then click Account Settings.
- Now, click on the File menu and choose Account Settings >> Email
- After that, select POP3 accounts for which you want to change the delivery location.
- Next, click on the Change Folder button to merge two email accounts in MS Outlook.
- Then, select the folder as a destination folder where you want to save the messages.
- Here, the folder could be an already existing folder such as the inbox or any separate folder.
- You can also create another folder like Inbox- Account1, Account2, or Account 3, etc.
- Users can also change the location where a new mailbox will be delivered in the case of POP3 and Exchange account in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.
Method 2: Combine Email Accounts in Outlook 2016, 2010 (IMAP)
Given below are the guidelines to combine two IMAP accounts into Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2010.
- First of all, open Outlook on your system and then go to the left sidebar, select an account and right-click on it.
- Next, click on New Folder. Under Create New Folder wizard, enter an appropriate name and click OK.
- After that, move to the Home menu and from the Rule drag-down menu, select Manage Rules and Alerts option.
- Under Rules and alerts window, choose an account and click on New Rule.
- In the Rules wizard, go to the heading and start from a blank rule. Click on the Apply rule on messages I receive. Click on the Next button.
- Now, enable the checkbox corresponding to through the specified account.
- In the wizard, select Specified and it will display an Account dialog box.
- Here, choose the required account and click OK. You will see the account name at the bottom of the wizard. Click on the Next button.
- After that, choose the option to move it to the specified folder and click on Specified and rules then an alert wizard will pop-up.
- Choose the inbox folder that is recently created for merging two IMAP email accounts in Outlook.
- Now, you will see the folder name on the bottom of the screen. Click on Finish button to exit.
- Doing this will return you to Rules and alert wizard. It will display the recently created rules, click on the OK button to apply the rule.
- Now, to combine this folder with other accounts, you have to repeat the complete procedure to get all email messages from multiple accounts to a Generic inbox folder.
Method 3: Professional Solution to Combine Multiple Email Accounts in Outlook
So, by now you must be able to combine two email accounts in Outlook. As we can see that the manual technique is a quite lengthy and time-consuming procedure. Also, it can result in permanent data loss. Therefore, it is recommended to make use of a professional tool like the PST Merge Tool. With the help of this utility, you can easily merge multiple email accounts in Outlook without losing a single bit of data. It is highly efficient to combine multiple Outlook data files with Emails, Contacts, Calendar, Task, etc. Allow users to Merge Multiple Outlook PST File Into One
Above, I have described the best methods to merge two email accounts in Outlook 2010, 2016. The techniques include the manual approach as well as the automated solution. As the manual solution takes quite long and is a bit risky so you must for a professional solution.