Nowadays, Thunderbird become most popular among professional and enterprise users due to its features, free-to-use, and open source email client. It offers several efficient features such as chat options, RSS feed reader, and newsgroup options. Further, it also includes better security and the provision to manage many email accounts. But Thunderbird supports MBOX format to store mailbox data. Thus, if you are an Outlook user who wants to import PST to Thunderbird Without Outlook installation, then you first need to convert PST to MBOX and then import the results into Thunderbird.
Download Buy Now
In this technical write-up, we will discuss the best methods to import PST files to Thunderbird Without Outlook installation or With Outlook. Unfortunately, there is no complete solution to import PST to Thunderbird free Without Outlook; thus, you can use the third-party solution named SysInfo PST file to MBOX Converter. Before moving to the solution part of How to convert PST to MBOX Thunderbird, let’s check some needs to perform the Outlook PST to Thunderbird migration.
How to Import PST to Thunderbird Without Outlook?
Due to the lack of a manual method to import Outlook to Thunderbird without Outlook installation, you need to use a professional and best PST to MBOX Converter Tool. It allows users to convert Outlook PST files into MBOX file format. Moreover, the software also converts the PST into 15+ other file formats like EML, CSV, MSG, MBOX, etc. This tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Step-By-Step Guide to Import Outlook PST Files to Thunderbird
- Download, Install and Start the SyInfo PST to MBOX Converter Tool.
- Opt for option: Single File or Multiple Files/Folder to browse the PST files.
- Click on the Select Files button to add PST files from your system.
- Here, you can also preview the added one and click Next.
- Check the folders from the tree structure that you want to convert. You can also preview the mail and their attachments files. Click Next to continue the process.
- Select MBOX as a saving option from the drop-down list.
- Choose the required features of the software like Remove Duplicate Mail, Save In Same Folder, Maintain Folder Hierarchacy, Migrate or Backup Emails Without Attachments Files, Mail Filter, and Task Filter.
- Click on these buttons:
- Path To Save:- It allows users to select the destination path for the resultant folder.
- Convert:- Click on this to start PST to MBOX Conversion.
- Here, you can also save the conversion report.
Why Need to Import PST to Thunderbird Without Outlook?
Some advanced and inbuilt features of Thunderbird insist users import Outlook PST files into Thunderbird.
- It is a free, open-source, cross-platform email messing application that allows users to manage their details.
- Using the Thunderbird, you can open multiple tabs for navigation.
- It allows you to add multiple email clients easily that supports different protocols such as IMAP, POP3, SMTP.
- It has a fast and easy email archive option by clicking the “A” button.
- Users can use several extensions with extended usability.
- It offers High-security protection for mailbox emails like spam filters, firewalls, and antivirus.
- Mozilla Thunderbird is very efficient and contains multiple plugins.
- Users can send weighty files with the support of pCloud.
- The interface and design are consistent and yet got greater flexibility.
Steps to Import MBOX Files into Thunderbird
Thunderbird requires the add-on installation to perform the import process. Once you install the ImortExportTools add-on in Thunderbird, you can go through with steps to import MBOX files to Thunderbird:
- Start Thunderbird, and click on Tools.
- Here, select ImportExportTools, and click Import MBOX file.
- In the pop-up tab, the option Import directly one or more MBOX files is set by default. Click Ok.
- Browse for the MBOX file from your system and click Open.
- Finally, you can view all your mailbox items in Thunderbird.
Need To Choose Best Free PST to MBOX Converter?
- There is no file size limit of PST files to convert them into MBOX format.
- Import PST to Thunderbird Without Outlook installation.
- Convert PST files into NSF, MBOX, CSV, EML, PDF, DOC, PNG, etc.
- You can import PST files into Office 365, Gmail, AOL, IMAP, Hotmail, etc.
- Offers preview option to view the basic details of the added PST files.
- Software is compatible with all the Outlook PST versions like 2019, 2016, 2013, etc.
- You can use the tool on all the Windows versions, including Win 11.
- Free PST to MBOX Converter allows users to 50 emails per folder only.
In this article, we understood the best method to import PST to Thunderbird Without Outlook installation and the different reasons to import Outlook PST to MBOX Thunderbird. Therefore, we suggest you use the third-party solution as it also offers you a demo version to analyze the performance and working of the software.