Summary:-If you have just switched to Windows 7 from an earlier version, you must create Windows 7 system repair disk. A system repair disk helps you to access the system recovery options in Windows 7. The System Recovery Options are a set of diagnostic and repair tools, such as Startup Repair, System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic and Command Prompt. To create a windows 7 system repair disk, you need an optical drive that supports disk burning. The process of creating a system repair disk does not take enough time. The task can be performed within just 5-6 minutes. Try Sysinfo Windows Data Recovery Software if you want to restore corrupt Windows Data.
Follow these steps to create a Windows 7 System Repair Disk:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Maintenance.
- Click on the Create a system repair disk shortcut. Tip: To directly go to the 3rd step, you can also use an alternative option to go to the Create a system repair disk from the Run box or a Command Prompt window.
- Now select a CD/DVD drive and insert a blank disk into the drive.Note: Make the sure the empty CD should be large enough to create a System Repair Disk.
- Click on the Create disk button.Note: As you are using Windows 7, no other disk burning software is required to create the System Repair Disk on the new blank disk.
- Wait for the successful creation of System Repair Disk. Once it is completed, you will get a dialog box that can be closed by clicking on the Close button.
- Now click on the OK button to go back to the original window of Create a system repair disk.
- Name the disk and make sure you keep it at a safe place.
You can also create a Windows 7 system repair disk in this way:
- Go to Start > Control Panel >Backup and Restore
- In the left-hand side panel, click on Create a system repair disk, and then follow the steps given there. It may ask you to provide an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation.
Note: This task cannot be performed if there is no disk inside the drive.
How to use the Windows 7 System Repair Disk
- You need to insert the System Repair Disk into your drive.
- Now restart your computer system by using its power button.
- If you will be asked to press any key to start the computer from the system repair disk, do it.
- Now choose your language settings, and then click on Next.
- Select a recovery option, and then click on Next.
Note: If your computer isn’t configured to start from a CD or DVD, check the information that came with your computer. You might need to change your computer’s BIOS settings.
How to Change System BIOS Settings?
- First, you have to Restart your computer.
- As soon as the PC begins to start hold F2 + Delete
- The Setup screen will appear in front of you and the BIOS Setting opens.
- Here you can change the BIOS settings and BIOS order.
- You can also create a BIOS password.
- Change the Date and Time according to your requirement.
- You can even manipulate fan speed and voltage.
- Once you are done with everything go to the Save and Exit option and close the BIOS Setup.
Well, you know how to create a Windows 7 System Repair disk. I have told you the various techniques for developing System Repair Disk in Windows 7 and therefore it is up to you to choose the best method. All the methods perform the same task but their procedure is different and you can apply them on the system according to your convenience. I hope you liked this blog and learned the methods of developing the System Repair disk option.