In this technical guide, we will be discussing some of the common errors of Windows Live Mail and the solutions to fix them. WLM is an email application offered by Microsoft for internal as well as external communications. It facilitates users for managing their day-to-day tasks as well. But errors always keep coming to such desktop-based applications. In case of errors, it is not different from other apps.
Most of the users have reported that they face multiple errors while operating Windows Live Mail. The article contains a list of error codes that may occur in WLM. In this guide, I have taken out some of the common errors encountered in Windows Live Mail including their effective solutions on how to fix Windows Live Mail errors.
#1 Error 0x8007007A- When Sending Emails
When you receive error 0x8007007A in Windows Live Mail, it means that the app is unable to send emails. Users encounter this error when they try to send any media attachments from OneDrive. Though with SkyDrive, one can send images or albums, OneDrive doesn’t allow you to do that results in this error code.
According to new updates in OneDrive, you will not be able to send emails with attachments; the email will stay in your Outbox. However, there are a few simple solutions that you can try to fix this issue.
Solution to Fix Error 0x8007007A
There are various solutions to this problem, like:
- Delete the message that is causing the error, and then try to send another message.
- Just remove and re-configure your Windows Live Mail account.
- Send the pictures/images as attached files.
- Uncheck ‘Create photo email from photo attachments’.
#2 Server Error 3219 and Windows Live Mail Error ID 0x8DE00005
If Error 3219 occurs, it means that Windows Live Mail is unable to connect with Hotmail/Outlook or MSN servers to retrieve emails. This error occurs when WLM is configured to connect and sync mail over the secure HTTPS link. Any sudden update in the servers makes Live Mail unable to sync over email accounts.
Many users configure their Windows account with IMAP or POP account, and these email servers keep getting regular updates. Therefore, whenever a new update comes, WLM becomes unable to sync with the servers.
How to Fix Windows Live Mail Errors 3219
The best solution to fix this error is to re-configure the email servers with Windows Live Mail. Just follow the below steps:
- Firstly, open WLM and go to Accounts.
- Then, click the ‘+’ icon with @ sign.
- After that, enter the login details.
- Now, check the checkbox Manually Configure Server Settings.
- Under Incoming Server Information, choose the server types.
- Next, in Server Address, type the server address and port number.
- Then, tick Requires a secure connection SSL section.
- Under the Outgoing Server Information section, enter the server address, and type the port number in the port type field.
- Now, tick Requires a secure connection SSL and Requires Authentication, and then click Next.
#3 WLM Not Working in Windows 10
After the end of support for Windows 7, many users have moved to Windows 10. But people using Live Mail on Windows 10, complained that they are not able to access their WLM account on it. The core reason behind this is that Microsoft does not want users to use Windows Live Mail anymore. Instead, it suggests users move to Outlook or Office 365. That’s the reason why they developed Windows 10 as per the future requirements.
Fix for Windows Mail Not Working issue
There are some performed experiments to find the best solutions to fix this problem.
- You must try to run Windows Live Mail as an Administrator in compatibility mode.
- Just try to re-configure the Windows Live Mail account.
- You can remove the existing Live Mail account and create a new one.
- Also, try reinstalling Windows Essentials 2012 on your Windows 10.
So if you have decided to stick with your Windows Live Mail for a while. At least, you should upgrade to Outlook or switch email clients altogether. It might interest you to get some Windows Live Mail help about errors you might face.
What next if all these fixes won’t work out properly?
By now you must be able to fix all the Windows Live Mail errors. Most of the errors occur due to Microsoft’s recent move to upgrade users from Delta Sync protocol to Exchange ActiveSync synchronization protocol. Additionally, you may experience some errors because of EML corruption also.
Either You can continue using WLM until it doesn’t stop working, or you can move to another email client like Outlook. For this, you can take the help of an automated tool like the SysInfo EML Converter Tool to fix Windows Live Mail errors. This tool will help you to import EML files to Outlook.
The article is describing how can you fix Windows Live Mail errors. The most common error including their solutions has been discussed in detail. Try these solutions to fix problems with WLM. I hope it helps to resolve your query.