If the VirtualBox Cannot Start the Virtual Device after the Windows 10 update, you must find the right fix for it that does not cause your recently saved files.
VirtualBox is a hypervisor VM platform to run and open virtual machine on a computer developed by Oracle. The most popular virtual machine managers that can run almost all of the operating systems Like Windows, Linux, Mac, OS/2, Haiku, and etc. Generally, many of us use it to operate different OS under the same environment.
Most of the issues arise due to the new Windows 10 updates that cause problems like outdated drivers, the problem with Windows setting or compatibility issues. So, if your VirtualBox is opening on Windows 10, don’t worry we are here with the manual techniques that will help you out to again start VirtualBox correctly.
What are the other common problems that cause
“VirtualBox won’t start or unable to start VirtualBox”
- Hyper-V may be got disabled on the computer due to windows updates.
- Improper update of VirtualBox drivers that can cause Virtualbox to stop.
- Outdated Oracle VM VirtualBox Version can cause such issues.
- File corruption may interrupt VirtualBox to open.
Common Fixes When VirtualBox Cannot Start
- Update VirtualBox
- Check if graphics drivers are Updated
- Disable Driver Enforcement
- Turn off 3D graphics feature
- Repair VirtualBox VDI file
1. Update the Oracle VM VirtualBox
If you have got outdated version of Virtual Machine, there is a chance that you get compatibility issues and face error like VirtualBox cannot Start the Virtual Device with the new updated version of Windows that can cause the application not to launch or cause errors in its operating system.
- Go to the official site and download and update the latest version of VirtualBox(if available).
Note: Uninstall the existing version before you install the latest version.
- Press Windows + R, type “appwiz.cpl”, press Enter.
- Go through the list of application and uninstall it.
- Now, install the latest version; VirtualBox 6.0.4 Oracle VM.
2. Check if Graphics Drivers are Updated
- Right-click on the Windows Start menu.
- Select the Tool Manager section.
- Expand the display adapter’s entry.
- Right-click the graphics drivers
- And update the driver if not updated.
3. Disable Driver Enforcement
In Windows, driver enforcement is a security mechanism that does not let suspicious drivers to be installed on the operating system. We must turn off the enforcement of driver so the system does not create a conflict in settings, as you know VirtualBox installs its own by itself.
4. Turn off 3D graphics Feature
- Right-tap on the Desktop.
- Select Graphics Designs properties.
- Choose basic Mode.
- Navigate to 3D choice.
- Disable the 3D designs; refine the screen speed.
5. Solution to Repair VDI file
There are chances that “VirtualBox Won’t open problem” problem might be affected by the virtual machine’s file corruption. This problem can be solved by repairing the damaged VDI file (file extension created by VirtualBox). Use SysInfo VDI Recovery Software which is an advanced and professional recovery solution to solve all kind of corruption from a VDI file as well as safely extract the data from it.
In here we have discussed some methods to fix VirtualBox cannot start the Virtual Device when Windows 10 gets updated. I hope this article is helpful to you, and you find all your answers here.
Recommended to read: Recover Deleted and Corrupted Virtual Machine Data