Usually, it is not easy to send MS Outlook Contacts to any other user, unless and until it is converted into any file format. So VCF file format is one of the known format used for storing contacts. Hence let us read how to export Outlook 2011 contacts to vCard.
But I’ll twirl up the thing for you. Do you know that there are two aspects of converting PST contacts to vCard? Have you ever realized that on Windows the conversion procedure is different and for Mac OS it is different?
Well, don’t worry, I will tell you how to convert contacts of an Outlook PST to vCard on a Windows OS and as well on Mac OS.
Before knowing the steps and procedure, you must know the need for conversion.
What is the Need of Converting Outlook Contacts to vCard?
- Migrating from one Email Client to another Email Client.
- VCF file format is universally accepted by all email applications.
- vCard file can store hundreds of contacts at a time.
- Too many Contacts in a PST file can make it corrupt and damaged.
- Creating Backup of Contacts in VCF file format.
There are many reasons for conversion but now let’s see how we can actually convert Outlook Contacts to vCard file format. For Windows, one can easily convert the contacts of a PST file to vCard, but in the case of Mac OS, you’ll definitely need a professional Mac PST Converter.
Convert Outlook Contacts to vCard in Windows and Mac Operating System
You are lucky if you are a Windows user because it is possible to export contacts to vCard for free in windows. But bad news for Mac users because you have to spend some bucks and use the professional Mac PST converter software.
Export Outlook Contacts to vCard in Windows OS
- Open MS Outlook and Go to Contacts or People at the bottom of the Page.
- Select the Contact which you want to Export to vCard.
- Now, go to the File Tab and Click on Save As Choose the desired location and in Save as Type select vCard Files.
- Click on Save button to save the file.
Export More than One Contact to vCard File
- Launch MS Outlook and Select the Contacts which you want to export.
- Under Home tab Click on Forward Contact and then select As a Business Card.
- A new message will appear in front of you confirming the Contacts you have selected as the vCard Files.
- Make a Right-Click on the attachments and choose Select All
- Finally, Click on Send button to Export Outlook Contacts to vCard and sending it to another email client application.
Note*-Don’t Export hundreds of contacts at once because the chances of corruption are high.
Export PST File Contacts to vCard on Mac OS
Manually it is next to impossible to export contacts from Outlook to vCard on a Mac Operating System. So the option you are left with is to try such a PST Converter which is operable on Mac OS. You might find only a few of them.
The one tool I am familiar with is Mac PST Converter by Sysinfotools which has been recently launched. It converts PST file and its items to 16 different file formats. The vCard file format is also one of them. There is no chance of data loss during the conversion. You can even import PST files directly to the various email clients applications like Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.
How to Export Outlook Contacts to vCard Mac OS
- Download, Install and Launch Mac PST Converter.
- Select the Outlook PST file having contacts.
- Choose the Single Modeand Select Save as Other Format Click on Next button to Continue.
- Now Select the Contact Folder and click on Convert
- In the Output option, select the vCard file and browse the location to save it.
- Click on OK button.
- After a few seconds, you’ll receive a confirmation message. Click on OK and Close the Application.
In the end, you have successfully exported Outlook Contacts to the vCard file format.
Note*- This software only runs on the Mac Operating System. For Windows, you can try PST converter.
Now, it is time to wind up things. I have told you how you can export Outlook contacts to vCard in Windows and Mac OS. You can export contacts for free if you are a Windows user. But in case of Mac OS you have to spend some bucks and then avail the software. Don’t try the manual conversion in Mac because you might lose some of your crucial contacts and remember, contacts are more important than Messages or emails.