A vCard file can store multiple contacts in it and it is a universally accepted file format for contacts. Due to this reason, many Outlook users want to store their Outlook contacts in a vCard file. So, here in this blog, you can explore some of the easiest methods to export Outlook contacts to vCard VCF format. You can either use MS Outlook Application to move the contacts to vCard or try the Sysinfo PST Converter
for exporting them.
Need for Migrating Outlook Contacts to vCard
There are some reasons why Outlook users are exporting their contacts to vCard and you can explore all of them below:-
- Migrating from one Email Client to another Email Client.
- VCF file format is universally accepted by all email applications.
- vCard file can store thousands of contacts at a time.
- Too many Contacts in a PST file can make it corrupt and damaged.
- Creating Backup of Contacts in VCF file format.
There are many reasons for conversion but now let’s see how we can actually convert Outlook Contacts to vCard file format.
Quick Ways to Export Outlook Contacts to vCard VCF
You must see the three proven ways to save Outlook Contacts to VCF with every single detail. You are free to choose any method and move Outlook contacts.
Export a few Outlook Contacts to VCF
- Open MS Outlook and Go to Contacts or People at the bottom of the Page.
- Select the Contact which you want to Export to vCard.
- Now, go to the File Tab and Click on Save As Choose the desired location and in Save as Type select vCard Files.
- Click on the Save button to save the file.
Move Multiple Outlook Contacts in Bulk to vCard
- Launch MS Outlook and Select the Contacts which you want to export.
- Under the Home tab Click on Forward Contact and then select As a Business Card.
- A new message will appear in front of you confirming the Contacts you have selected as the vCard Files.
- Make Right-Click on the attachments and choose Select All.
- Finally, Click on Send button to Export multiple Outlook Contacts to vCard and send it to another email client application.
Note*- Don’t Export hundreds of contacts at once because the chances of corruption are high.
Use PST Converter for Exporting Outlook Contacts
- Download, Install and Launch the PST Converter software.
- Select the Outlook PST file having contacts.
- Now Select the Contact Folder from the displayed items and click on the Next button.
- In the Save As option, select the VCF file and browse the location to save it.
- Finally, click on the Convert button and all your Outlook PST Contacts will be exported to vCard.
You have seen that there are multiple ways to export Outlook contacts to vCard. You are free to choose any method for the Outlook Contacts Migration. If you have Linux OS or Mac OS then you can use the Linux PST Converter or Mac PST Converter respectively for exporting Outlook contacts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I move all Outlook Contacts to vCard quickly?
Ans – You will have to implement simple steps to move all Outlook Contacts including Phone Numbers, and other details. Just Launch PST Converter>Add PST File>Mark Contacts>Choose the Saving option as VCF>Define the Location>Save All Outlook Contacts to vCard.
Q. Is it safe to use the PST Converter Software for contact migration?
Ans – Yes, it is safe to migrate Outlook Contact to various other file formats using the PST Converter Software.