Summary:- Here in this article, I will be telling you how you can customize the ribbon and create a custom tab. Many of us often click around from tab to tab to find the buttons on the Ribbon and the features that we require the most. Thus, customizing the Ribbon becomes essential so that the commands which we use most frequently should appear on the home tab. If you face any problem with your Word file then you can make use of the Sysinfo MS Word Repair Tool and repair the word file for better ribbon customization. So, let’s start.
Steps to Customize the Ribbon in Microsoft Word
Here, we are using MS Word, but you can also create custom tabs in the other Office apps as well. This process will work in Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, and 2016.
Follow the given below steps to create a custom tab in MS Word:
- In Microsoft Word, click on the File tab and then Options. In the Word Options dialog box, click on the Customize Ribbon.
- On the right side, you’ll see the currently displayed Main Tabs checked off. So, to customize and create your very own Ribbon, you have to click on the New Tab
- After that, Customize even more by renaming your Ribbon Click on the Rename tab and enter in a display name.
- Now, create a customized group on the Ribbon by first clicking on the New Group then Doing this will allow you to organize similar commands in the most appropriate way.
- Then, start adding buttons or commands to each group by clicking on the choices on the left and then by clicking on the Add An Illustrations group has been created and Pictures, Chart and SmartArt were added.
- After that, add additional new groups and more custom commands by clicking New Group, and Rename. Then choose from popular commands, all commands, even commands that are not in the ribbon.
- Now Ribbon customization with the use of Commands Not in the Ribbon allows you to access commands that are typically difficult to locate. Any Ribbon tab, Group or Command can be organized by using the arrows on the right side.
- After performing all the above steps, this is what a newly created My Favorites tab and customized Ribbon look like.
Above, I have discussed how can you customize the ribbon and create a custom tab. The proficiency to customize the Ribbon bar by creating your own custom tabs is an essential feature which makes it quicker and easier to work on your documents. Thus, follow the above-mentioned steps to create your own custom tab. Hope it helps.