MS Outlook is one of the best emailing platform preferred by various users, though sometimes it throws unwanted errors like Outlook not receiving emails’, ‘Outlook is slow to receive emails’, ‘Outlook incoming mail not working’. Let’s discuss how we can resolve this Outlook mail not receiving issues. It has been noticed that for a long time people are facing issues regarding receiving emails in Outlook. First, we need to understand the common causes of this problem. Most of the time, the unavailability of a network connection leads to this error. There are numerous methods discussed here to troubleshoot Outlook incoming mail not working issue. Let’s get started.
Manual Techniques to Fix Outlook Mail Not Receiving Problem
Delay in receiving emails in Outlook is no longer a concerning issue as there are many solutions that have risen up to recover the same. Here are some instances with a solution, that can give you an idea of what might your Outlook is dealing with.
1. Outlook Faces Networking Issues
First thing first, you have to check for the internet connectivity of your system. Open google chrome or any internet explorer to check whether the site is working or not. If not, then try with mobile data. When the network starts working, Open Outlook to Check if it’s offline or Online.
2. The requirement of Substitute Internet server to connect with the mail server
If one is facing issues with network connectivity, he/she might not be able to receive any mails further. So they can opt for a proxy server that will act as a substitute instead of your internet connection for time being. Also, change your preferences in system settings regarding Proxy servers. This is the second most possible manual method users can perform on their own to fix Outlook mail not receiving issues.
3. Accounts of POP and IMAP associated with SMTP needs Authentication
- Firstly, go to Outlook, click on the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Accounts’.
- Click on the Accounts wizard and choose the account.
- Under the Outgoing Section, select ‘More Options’.
- In Authentication pop up, choose the authentication type and enter the details.
4. Wrong Settings of POP and IMAP
If you are unable to receive emails in Outlook, then just try to fill in POP and IMAP details in settings.
- Fill in the Sender’s full name here.
- After that, type in Sender’s full email address.
- Select the account type- POP3 or IMAP
- Choose POP or IMAP accounts type ‘mail.papamail.net’ for the incoming mail server.
- Now, select the POP or IMAP accounts to prefer ‘mail.papamail.net’ for the outgoing mail server.
- Next, type your authentic username(unique)
- Fill in the tricky password for full protection.
5. Incorrect Account Information
Check for the filled information whether it is correct or not. Make sure there are no errors in the filled credentials.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ menu and select ‘Accounts’.
- Then, click Accounts wizard and select the ‘account’.
- Verify your email address and password.
6. Inactive Email server
Even if the internet connects to your account, there is no mail server. Contact the mail provider to ensure if the mail server is facing any problem. Issues can be a reason for no incoming emails.
7. Due to the Junk E-mail Protection Filter, no emails are received
Turn Down MS Outlook Junk E-mail Filtering in Outlook 2007:
- In Actions Menu, click on Junk E-mail
- Select Junk E-mail -> No automatic filtering -> Click Ok
Turn Down Outlook Junk E-mail Filtering in Outlook 2010:
- Click on Junk E-mail folder -> Junk
- Select Junk E-mail Options -> No automatic filtering -> OK
Note: Remember applying Junk e-mail protection filter might block addresses and domains too.
8. Spam Emails in Outlook Account
Users must make sure to delete emails from anonymous senders. Sometimes sender sends code encrypted in the mail that stops incoming mails.
9. Add-ins disallow Outlook from having mails
Sometimes add-ins take up storage and create troubles in between. Follow the below steps to avoid the blockage from add-ins:
- Open ‘Control Panel’ and Search for Uninstall Programs.
- Select ‘Outlook’ from installed programs.
- Right-click on it and select ‘Repair’.
- Then follow the instructions next given.
Note: Whenever an email message is received in the inbox folder, the Outlook takes a default action of writing it to the PST data file. Therefore, if MS Outlook is taking a long time to receive emails then, you should check if your PST file is corrupted or not. In case, if the PST file is corrupted or damaged then, it is recommended to use Outlook Recovery tool to excerpt data from corrupt PST.
Above we’ve discussed how to troubleshoot for Outlook Not Receiving Emails. If you are unable to receive emails in Outlook, then you can perform manual procedures. So, that can prove to be the healing element of their Outlook mail server. There are many shortcuts given above to perform a troubleshoot in a short duration. These small steps will save your time and money, and this will put an end to your Outlook Mail not Receiving problems.