Are you planning to migrate from Mac Outlook to Office 365? If yes then you may face the problems while migrating OLM files to Office 365. So, this article will tell you all the solutions to import OLM Files into Office 365.
First of all, we
should know what are the OLM files.
implementation of Outlook 2011 for Mac, the OLM file came into existence. OLM files are Mac’s master repository
file format that stores outlook local information such as emails, attachments,
contacts, calendar information, assignments, notes, journals, etc.
Many users who want
to save OLM files to Office 365 but fail to convert due to the unavailability
of resources. So, there are some useful steps given below to import OLM file
data to Office 365 environment.
Top 2 Process to Import OLM files into Office 365
Let’s start with the 1st process to transfer OLM emails to Office 365:
Process I. Configuring IMAP Account
This solution consists of three sub-methods:
Gmail into Mac Outlook
Mac Outlook data to Gmail
Gmail into Windows Outlook
1. Configuring Gmail into Mac Outlook
- The first method is open Mac Outlook then browse outlook tab and select preferences.
- Within the Personal Setting option, choose the Accounts option.
- Next, hit on + icon and then select the Email option.
- Enter the username and password of the Gmail account and hit on Add account option.
- You will find then your Gmail account will be added to your Mac Outlook profile.
2. Transfer Mac Outlook data to Gmail
- Open Mac Outlook application then right-clicks on Configured email account Folder. Select a New folder.
- Give a new name to the folder. Click on the File menu and select Import option.
- Then you have to select Outlook Data file within the import option and then click on Next.
- Choose the radio button of Outlook for Mac Data file(.olm).
- Opt for the OLM file and hit on the import option.
- Once the processing done you will receive import complete message. Then click on the Done button.
- You will get an import message in Mac Outlook. Then choose all the message and right-click on them.
- Choose the move option and then select the folder option.
- Finally, all the emails will get moved to the configured Gmail account.
3. Configuring Gmail into Windows Outlook
- Initially, Open Outlook application.
- Browse file menu and then select Add account.
- You will find two options there. Select Manual setup or additional server type option. Then click on Next.
- Choose the POP or IMAP option.
- Fill your name and email address under the user information.
- Choose POP3 in the server information. Then in incoming mail server fill pop.gmail
- and fill smtp.gmail.com in an outgoing mail server.
- Type your Gmail address and password in login information.
- Hit on More settings option.
- Open Outgoing Server tab in internet email settings and tick My Outgoing Server requires authentication.
- Input 995 as incoming server and 465 as an outgoing server in the advanced tab. Also, make sure that the option “This server requires an encrypted connection(SSL)” option is ticked. Then click on OK. Read more
Using OLM Converter
Some users do not follow manual methods
as they are long so for them there is another best solution to directly save OLM files to Office365 that is OLM Exporter. This utility ensures no data loss during the conversion.
Also, it exports various file objects like email messages, calendars, contacts,
journals, tasks, etc.
In this article, we have discussed various methods to Import OLM Files into Office 365. Manual and a direct method have been explained above. Users can select any one of the methods according to their opinion but as a user, I always recommended to use OLM Converter as it is having the best features and results in good outcomes.