Summary:-You might be not aware of the fact that hidden files or folders are usually hidden for Windows users. The Windows operating system keeps many files and folders invisible to prevent deletion, unexpected change, moving, etc. Besides, Windows usually hides files and folders to make the Windows system free from chaos. Sometimes, we keep our confidential files hidden to protect them from unauthorized access but the situation becomes more critical when we lost access to these hidden files. Therefore, we will discuss various methods to show hidden files and folders in Windows 10/8/7 or Vista with the help of Sysinfo Windows Data Recovery Software.
Need to View the Hidden Files and Folder
- In a few instances, users are required to access the hidden files or folders and it becomes necessary to show hidden files and folders while troubleshooting the Windows problems.
- Oftentimes, you hide your crucial files and folders to prevent them from unwanted access. This would be a nightmare for anyone if they lost their access to these hidden data. In windows OS, losing access to hidden files is quite frequent during OS updates.
- Microsoft has somehow managed to stop puzzling its users simply by hiding irrelevant files. Although this might be challenging for a non-technical person who has accidentally deleted their Hidden files and is unable to locate them through Manual methods.
There are a few instances when we need to get the hidden files. We suggest you restore them as hidden once you’re done.
Methods to Find Hidden Files and Folders in Windows
There are multiple ways to locate the hidden file on Windows and you can try any method at your convenience. We have mentioned the techniques to find the hidden file on different versions of Windows.
Show Files Hidden By Virus Using Command Prompt
Most of the time, anti-virus fails to detect the virus in our systems and after inserting an external device like a Pen drive, Memory card, etc, the data in the device gets corrupt and creates a shortcut file for it. If you will format the device then it will delete your entire data. This process works effectively on all versions of the Windows Operating System including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows RT, etc. Although, you can recover your data by using the Command Prompt (CMD)
- Start Command Prompt (CMD) as an Administrator.
- Browse the drive whose data is to recovered.
- Enter attrib -s -h -r /s /d *.* and press Enter.
- Now all the hidden files and folders will become visible.
Find Missing Files and Folders in Windows 7
Windows 7 shields certain files so that is not accessible to anyone. The files are usually system files that if meddle up with could hamper the functions of the computer. Hidden and protected system files in Windows 7 can be viewed by following the below steps:
- Press the Start button and select Control Panel and then click on Appearance and Personalization.
- Choose Folder Options, then choose the View tab.
- Now choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and click OK under Advanced settings.
Now you can find all hidden files or folders on windows 7.
Get Hidden Files in Windows 8.11
- Scroll to the extreme right edge of the screen, then choose Search.
- Write folder in the search box, then choose Folder Options from the search outcomes.
- Choose the View tab.
- Now choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK Under Advanced settings.
Find Missing Files and Folders in Windows 10
- Type folder in the search box, and then select Show hidden files and folders from the search outcomes.
- Now choose Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and choose OK under Advanced settings.
There are some instances where the hidden files get deleted and we need to restore them. Although there are manual methods to view the hidden files and folders that might contain your photos, memorable videos, and important documents. However, these methods can be lengthy and tedious. Therefore, it is always recommendable to use the reliable third-party software, Sysinfo Windows Data Recovery assures a safe backup from corrupt, damaged, or inaccessible hard drives. This software even comes with a Demo version and lets the user explore the features of this software.
In this blog, we have discussed the various methods to show hidden files and folders in Windows 10/8/7 or Vista. Sometimes situations become cluttered when you lost access to your important videos, Images, and documents. In this situation, third-party software like Sysinfo Windows Data Recovery can be a huge help that not only assures the secure backup from the corrupt or damaged hard drive but also provides a preview of recovered data.