Summary:-There are many Outlook users who want to view their emails on the MS Exchange server but they usually fail to do so. All the emails of MS Outlook are stored in a PST file and the PST has to be imported to exchange in order to view all the emails. Therefore, here you can explore the various techniques through which you can easily import PST to Exchange Server and view all Outlook emails on the exchange server.
The technique is absolutely free where you don’t have to spend a single penny in order to access MS Outlook emails in MS Exchange. The third-party tools are quite expensive and when you can execute the import process for free then why should you go for a third-party tool? The simple steps will import PST to Exchange easily.
If your PST file is corrupted then you must know how to repair Corrupt Outlook PST files. After repairing the PST file, you can easily upload it to the exchange server
Steps to Upload PST to Exchange Server
- Log in to your account as an administrator in which you have set all permissions.
- On Exchange Server Manager, select the target database and go to its Properties.
- Now go to the Security tab. There you need to add the Exchange Recovery Administrators group.
- Make sure to allow this group for full access and control permissions on the database.
- On your Exchange Bin directory, copy the ExMerge setup file (ExMerge.exe) as well as the ExMerge.ini file.
- Run ExMerge.exe on your system and click on Next to continue.
- On the Procedure Selection dialog box, select Extract or Import (Two Step Procedure) and click on Next.
- On the Two-Step Procedure dialog box, select Import data into an Exchange Server Mailbox and click on Next.
- Now enter your Exchange Server name on the Destination Server page.
- On the Import Procedure tab, choose any one option of them:
- Copy: To make duplicate copies of data if they already exist.
- Merge: To check for duplicate copies before copying the data again.
- Replace: To replace the duplicate data from the PST files.
- You can skip some folders by selecting only the desired ones from the Folders.
- You can also choose messages from the Dates tab.
- Now enter the server name then click on Next.
- In the Mailbox Selection option of Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Wizard, choose the desired to be imported.
- Now choose the desired option from the Locale Selection and click on Next.
- Click on Browse and select the folder that contains your PST files to be imported to exchange. Click on Next.
- Click on Next. Once the process is successfully completed, click on Finish.
Once the whole process completes, you can view the emails on the exchange server, and finally, you have imported the PST to the Exchange server.
Errors in Manual Method
To know about the errors which were encountered during the merging process, you can check the ExMerge.log and ExMerge-(Thread[n]).log files. If apparently anything goes wrong during the process, or your PST files get corrupted for any reason, you may try our effective PST File Recovery Tool to repair the PST file.
How to set the correct permissions?
- First, create a Windows Security Group.
- Add your current Windows account to this Windows Security Group.
Note: Make sure that your Windows account must be having all the Exchange administrator privileges along with the administrator permissions which are required for mailbox merging on the Exchange Server.
Now, you know the steps to import PST to the Exchange server but you must follow all the steps carefully otherwise it can lead to an error. If you are facing an error during the import process then either you are skipping any step or your PST file is having some problem. If you are having any problem with the PST file then you can try the professional software for repairing it. I hope now you can execute the import process.