POP3 stands for Post Office Protocol 3 and with the help of this one can easily add or download messages on their computer and delete the messages from the mail server. POP3 have only one folder on the mail server as Inbox. The first version of POP was created in 1984. POP3 is based on an older model of offline email. With the help of Microsoft Outlook, you can send and receive mails if you configure new POP3 email account in MS Outlook.
Download Buy Now
The instructions explain how you can add new POP3 account in outlook and before starting Configuration make sure that you have the following details:
- The email address
- Password; case sensitive
- Incoming mail server
- Outgoing mail server
- Incoming mail PORT
- Outgoing mail PORT
- SSL Instructions both, incoming and outgoing.
How to Setup New POP3 Email Account in Outlook?
We generally use POP Protocol to keep dedicated to one email client for one particular device Like your work computer. Another reason to setup Pop3 email type, if you enormous email history and limited storage space. It is not so difficult to set up POP3 Profile in Outlook and in this article you can do so by following the simple steps.
- Click on Start and then on Control Panel.
A Mail icon would be there. Double-click it.
- The Mail Setup- Outlook window will appear. Click on Show Profiles button.
- The Mail window will appear. Now click on Add button to create a new profile.
- The New Profile window will appear. Give a name to your new profile and click OK.
- The New Account window will appear. Fill all the information and then click on Next.
- Outlook is configuring your e-mail server settings. This might take several minutes. Please be patient.
- The e-mail account is successfully configured. Check the box “Manually configure server settings” and click on Next.
- The Add New Account window will appear again. Change your server information from IMAP e-mail account into POP3. Click on Finish.
Now, you have successfully configured new POP3 account in Outlook. This setting will help you in managing emails from the mail server.
Finally, you know how to manage POP3 settings in Outlook and you can do so by opting the simple steps which I have mentioned above. If in case you are unable to Setup POP3 email account in MS Outlook or facing any kind of error then you there might be some problem with your Outlook Account. So first Repair Outlook Emails and then set the POP3 settings in MS Outlook. I hope this blog proved informative in resolving your query.