Summary:-A new email service is released by Microsoft recently, which is the desktop-based service Outlook. It includes all the features and options you would expect in good mail service and have a simple, clutter-free GUI. Outlook has industry-leading spam protection technology; users might occasionally see spam messages in their inboxes. To help the users, Microsoft has introduced a new feature that automatically deletes messages from spam senders. This blog will teach us how to block an email address in MS Outlook. However, if your Outlook PST file gets corrupted during this process, you can use the Outlook PST Recovery Software.
Methods to Block an Email Address in Outlook
There are several methods to block an email address in Outlook. Follow the procedure to perform this method carefully:
Method 1: Blocking Senders in an Email Address
- Open Outlook.com and log in.
- Click on the gear (settings) icon in the upper-right of the page, and click More mail settings.
- Now, click Safe and blocked senders under Preventing junk email.
- Click Blocked senders to add an email address to the blocked list.
- Finally, enter the email address you want to add to the blocked sender’s list and click Add to list.
Now, whenever you receive an email from blocked addresses, Outlook.com automatically deletes the email for you. To eliminate a blocked email address or domain, select it and then click Remove from the list.
Method 2: Blocking Senders from Junk Email Folder
If emails are in the Junk folder, that doesn’t necessarily mean that the sender is automatically blocked. Instead, you have to do Block manually. The process is slightly different but straightforward to do. Follow the steps:
- Select the email in your Junk folder if the Reading Pane is on. Alternatively, double-click to open the email.
- At the top, in the Outlook Mail toolbar, select the dropdown labeled Not junk, then select Block at the top of the email.
- Select OK to confirm blocking emails from the sender.
After this process, those messages from senders are discarded without notice, and the messages do not appear in your Deleted Items or Junk Email folders. Moreover, you’re able to Block An Email Address in Outlook.
Method 3: Block Domains On the Web
To move messages from a domain to the Deleted Items folder, follow the steps:
- Open and select Settings.
- Select View all Outlook settings.
- Select Mail > Junk email.
- In the Blocked senders and domains section, select Add. Then enter the domain you want to block.
- Press Enter to add the domain to the blocked sender’s list.
- Select Save, then close the Settings dialog box.
In this blog, we have suggested some methods to block an email address in Outlook. But sometimes, blocking specific senders or domains may not stop junk emails. If the problem is remaining, then to encounter combat spam, report junk emails that make it to Outlook Inbox. It teaches the spam filters to recognize and filter similar messages in the future. You should also report phishing scams.