Are you looking for a way to convert OST to MSG? If yes, then this is the best guide for you. Here, you will get to know about both OST and MSG file format, conversion reasons, and methods for migration.
OST(Offline Storage Table) is just a copy of the mailbox of the Exchange server in the local computers. These OST files allow users to view the mailbox without taking any support from the server. So, without making any connection with the server, you can still access emails, contacts, calendar, etc. A user can perform work offline, and whenever the server is connected, the mailbox automatically gets updated.
MSG file is only a single message derived from a PST file. It comprises mail data including header, hyperlinks, an email body, properties of emails, etc. in the ASCII text form.
Reasons for Converting OST to MSG File Format:
Exchange OST files are vulnerable to corruption due to failure of the Exchange Server, malware attacks, corruption of the file header, poor hard drive sectors, unwanted Outlook exit, etc. There could also be a situation when you need to export emails from an OST to a different Outlook user mailbox. In this case, users must convert them to MSG format because you can’t export OST to different user profiles.
Now, after knowing the reasons, it is important to explore the methods that a user can use with some technical knowledge.
How to Migrate OST to MSG using Manual Methods?
Conversion from OST files to MSG by the following steps:
- Open Outlook application.
- Then select a message that you want to move into MSG format.
- Hit on File>>Save As.
- Choose the saving location and give a file name. Press on Save.
Using the drag and drop method, a user easily stores emails into MSG format from any Outlook version.
But by this manual solution, there may be chances of losing important mail content during the conversion process. Also, other common challenges faced by so many users while performing manual methods are as given below:
Challenges faced by Users:
- Every step takes a lot of time for execution.
- The complexity of the steps increases with each step.
- Only a technical user can understand its working.
- If one step gets skipped accidentally, then you need to follow the procedure from the start.
So, for saving the original message intact, we are providing another alternate solution.
Alternate Solution: OST to PST Converter
SysInfo OST to PST Converter is the safest tool developed to import and export OST files to MSG and other file formats like PST, EML, DBX, and Archive formats. It ensures no data loss during the process of migration. It also repairs the highly damaged OST files.
Some Important Features of the Tool:
- Quick Scan: The utility program is designed with advanced algorithms. So that, if the user uploads the mega-size OST files for conversion, the program begins testing them immediately and takes little time to convert the large size OST files.
- Encrypted OST files Support: In order to protect confidential information, users encrypt their OST files. However, as it happens many times, due to the loss of passwords or detection of certain errors, we are not able to access encrypted OST files.
- Preview Option: User can check the preview of all the mails and file structure before processing them.
- Simple GUI: It consists of a user-friendly GUI that a user can easily understand. A novice user can quickly run this tool for converting OST to MSG files.
- Search Option: Any user can easily search any file using this option.
- Date Range Feature: This feature allows the user to choose the required emails to convert into any file format by selecting the date range.
Now, let’s look over the working of it for converting OST files into MSG.
Convert OST to MSG using the Software:
Step 1: Launch the tool and hit the Open button to open the OST file. Press the browse and choose the required OST file.
Step 2: Select the conversion mode from the 3 modes- Standard mode, Advanced mode and Deep mode. Choose accordingly.
Step 3: After the completion of the scanning process, a pop up appears. After that click on OK.
Step 4: A preview of all your OST emails appears. Select the files/folders that you wish to convert. Press on “Save”.
Step 5: Then, pick the destination path to save the file.
Step 6: Now, select the file format in which you want to convert OST files. Here you have to opt “Save as MSG” option. Then tick on the checkbox “Select Data Range”. Then press “Ok”.
Step 7: Finally, the saving process completed. Exit the tool.
Now, all your OST files finally move into MSG files without losing any original content.
We have explained all the conversion methods to convert OST to MSG files. We’ve also tried to expound you about OST and MSG files, all the main reasons for this migration have also been explained. After that, methods for moving OST files to MSG files are provided. You can choose any of the methods, but the recommended utility would be the best solution.