Since outlook 2010 has now become popular among users! Microsoft has promised its users for updating their Hotmail services as it will make webmail services even better. MS Outlook operates on different types of accounts which are IMAP, Exchange accounts and POP3. IMAP and POP3 accounts sync only email and no other data items such as calendars, contacts, notes, etc. You can add Hotmail Account to Outlook 2010 by using the provided method.
Note: Before you start this process you need to close MS Outlook application
Instant Solution to Import Hotmail emails into Microsoft with Hotmail Backup Tool
Configure Hotmail Account to Outlook 2010 Manually
As the Hotmail Outlook connector is no more available and supported after the Outlook.com, then you can configure it manually or with POP3 sync.
Steps to Add Hotmail Account in Microsoft Outlook:
- In Outlook email select File then Info.
- Click on the Add Account.
- Make sure Email Account is selected.
- Enter your name under Your Name section.
- Provide the Windows Live Hotmail address in Email address
- Enter Windows Live Hotmail password under both Password and Retype Password.
- Then, click on the Next
Confirguring Account Using POP3:
- In Outlook select Tools > Account Settings.
- Click on Email tab, then click on New.
- Make sure that Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP is selected then Click on Next.
- Give your name as you want in Your Name.
- Provide Windows Live Hotmail email address in Email Address.
- Check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Then, Click Next.
- Select Internet Email and Click Next.
- POP3 should be selected under the Account Type.
- Enter the live.com in Incoming mail server field.
- Type live.com in Outgoing mail server (SMTP) field.
- Provide Windows Live Hotmail address (for example, ‘email@example.com’) under the User Name.
- Enter your Windows Live Hotmail password in Password Then, click on More Settings.
- Navigate to the Outgoing Server tab and check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server. Then, Go to the Advanced
- Check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under the Incoming server (POP3).
- Select SSL for Use the following type of encrypted connection in Outgoing server (SMTP)
- Make sure that 995 appears under Incoming server (POP3:) and 25 in Outgoing server (SMTP). Then, Click on OK.
- Now click on Next and then on Finish.
- Click on Close.
We have told you that how to add Hotmail account to Outlook and now you can easily access Hotmail emails on Outlook. But, if you are not able to do all the above methods, then I recommend that you can import your Hotmail emails into Outlook using SysInfo Hotmail backup Tool over your Windows or Mac and then export it to Outlook using the tool. I hope it helped you out How to Move Hotmail Emails to Hard Drive.