Ans: Backup files which can be created very easily to protect our data in the same way they can be damaged or corrupted in just minutes and they can also be repaired within just few clicks and strokes. Just like this: less time to create, less time to corrupt and less time to be repaired.
What is a backup file, how does it create and what does it work?
Backup file is actually a process of making copies of databases inside computer system. It safely stores all the copies of databases in a file called backup file or BKF (.bkf). It can be easily created by NTBackup utility which is an inbuilt program in Windows. But if users want to create backup file in Windows 7 then they have to download this program manually "ntbackup exe" which helps them to create backup files in Windows 7.
Its main function is to help users to restore or recover the data at the time of data corruption or data loss. All data can be easily extracted from a backup file at any time. Backup file works as a recovery agent, i.e. as recovery agent helps to recover the money in the same way backup file helps users to restore or recover their data. But sometimes the backup files which contain the copies of all databases get corrupted or damaged.
How does a backup file get corrupted or damaged?
A backup file can be easily corrupted at any point of time as corruption is always uninvited but very painful. There are several factors which can lead the corruption of backup files. Some of the main reasons which play an important role in BKF corruption are:
- Due to Virus or Trojan Infection
- Due to improperly system shutdown
- Due to hard disk drive error
- Due to the problem of software or hardware
- Due to unwanted interruption while making or using backup files
Those above are some serious reasons which can badly affect the backup files.
What are the symptoms of a corrupt backup file?
Whenever a backup file gets corrupted or damaged it becomes inaccessible which is the main symptom of any corrupt file. A corrupt file can’t be opened and by chance if it gets opened the data will be literally unreadable and the file is nothing but useless. Data can’t be extracted from a corrupt back file anyhow. And instead of opening if backup files are giving some errors messages that means the files are corrupted and need to be repaired.
So those are some symptoms which indicate that the backup files are invalid or corrupted.
What to do to repair a corrupt backup file?
Whenever a backup file gets corrupted the best solution is to repair that file by using a software program. SysInfoTools BKF Recovery makes users able to fix the problem of backup files. It is enhanced with multiple features which offer more help to users. With the help of this tool users can restore maximum possible data from a corrupt backup file without wasting much time as it performs a quick recovery action.
What should be avoided to prevent BKF corruption?
There are some tips which should be followed by everyone to prevent the situation of BKF corruption:
- Users must check their computer systems regularly, i.e. at least 1 or 2 time in a week. The software and hardware parts should be well maintained.
- Users must check or update their anti-virus program regularly. Sometimes anti-virus program doesn’t work and as a result the computer system gets infected by virus infection.
- Users must shutdown their system properly because if shutdown process improperly or forcefully done by users then it can affect the entire databases of computer.
- Users must use UPS (Unshielded Power Supply) device. It helps users to shutdown their computer system properly at the time of sudden power supply failure.
- Users must be careful while making backup file for their system because the issues of backup file’s corruption occur more at the time of creation.
So those are some important tips which will help users to avoid the unwanted situation of backup file’s corruption.