Have you ever faced Outlook error 0x80040115? This is quite an annoying error code among the Outlook users. If users encounter this error that means they are unable to receive or send an email via Outlook. This Error generally occurred while using Outlook express.
When the users are attempting to forward an email, the process gets stuck on a certain point and an error notification shows up. “Microsoft Exchange Server reported an error (0x80040115): The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be connected to complete this action.” So, let’s explore the reasons behind this issue.
Reasons Behind The Outlook Error 0X80040115
There are certain reasons behind the corruption of the PST file which generates Outlook error 0x80040115. Just have a look at these factors responsible for the corruption of PST and avoid these circumstances in the future. This write-up explains the various issues related to the inaccessibility of Outlook and other such issues.
- Oversized PST files
- Improper installation of Outlook application on Windows 7
- Email server issues
- Any kind of internal system conflict
- Damage due to virus or malware infection
- Poor internet connection
Methods to Troubleshoot Outlook error 0x80040115
Learn all the methods described in the below section and apply them accordingly to get the best result possible.
Method 1: Launch Outlook in Safe Mode
Sometimes, users may encounter the Outlook error 0x80040115 due to the introduction of third-party add-ins. If you are using third-party include add-ins, then you need to go to MS Outlook in the experimental mood to verify if this settles the error or not. Perform the below steps:
Step 1: Firstly, press both of the Windows Home key + R simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box. After the Run dialog box opens, write “Outlook/safe” and click OK or hit the Enter key.
Step 2: Then, try to send an email and see if the error still appears or not. If the error gets vanished, then you have to delete the Add-ins. Next, navigate to the “File” and click on the Options.
Step 3: Select the Add-ins that are located on the Outlook Options window. Here, you need to delete all the third-party add-ins from the Outlook. Then, click on the Restart button to refresh your device as well as the Outlook application.
Method 2: Change the Profile Settings
- First of all, click on the Start menu and go to the Control Panel. You can also press and hold the Windows logo key and the “S” key simultaneously to launch the Search panel.
- Then, under the Search field, write “Control Panel” and hit the Enter button. Next, select the topmost of the results.
- Once the Control Panel wizard opens, change the View By to Large icons and then click the Mail option.
- After that, in the Mail Setup window, click on the “Show Profiles” and select the profile, then tap on its Properties.
- Now, click the Email Account and hit the Change button. Under the Change Account window, select the More Settings.
- Go to the Security section and then ensure that the “Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook” and “Microsoft Exchange” checkboxes are checked.
- Finally, click on the OK button to change the settings and then, verify whether the error gets eliminated from your device.
Method 3: Uninstall Antivirus
- First of all, you need to go to the Start menu and click on the Settings. After the Settings window opens, click on the “System.”
- Then, move to the “Apps And Features” section which is located on the left pane.
- Select the third-party antivirus application that you need to remove from your device.
- Now, click on the “Uninstall” button to remove it from your Windows-based device.
- After the program gets eliminated, hit the Restart button in order to refresh your device and Outlook application.
Method3: Use Inbox Repair Tool
You can make use of the Inbox Repair tool to eradicate this issue. It is an inbuilt utility provided by Microsoft to resolve corruption in PST files. Just follow the given below steps:
- First of all, download inbox repair utility (ScanPST.exe).
- Then, install the tool and click on the Scan button.
- After that, click on the Fix Errors button after completion of the scanning process.
- Now, Restart your system.
Inbox repair utility might help to fix this Outlook error. On the other hand, it also has some drawbacks due to which it fails to resolve PST file errors. If this utility fails, then you need to use a third-party tool to fix PST file error of Outlook.
Alternate Way to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80040115
If you are unable to resolve Outlook error 0x80040115 using the above manual methods. There is a possibility that the reason behind the error is corruption in Outlook PST files. You must repair these inaccessible and damaged PST files. For this, you’ll need a professional Outlook PST Repair tool. This utility helps the user to restore Outlook mailbox contents including emails, calendars, contacts, events, journals, etc. It is equipped with highly advanced algorithms that facilitate reliable and effective solutions to fix Outlook error 0x80040115.
In the above article, a complete guide has been provided to fix Outlook error 0x80040115. Just go through this article and employ the solutions that have been explained. I hope it helps you out.