Summary:-MS Outlook Express is an old version of MS Outlook which was common before 2010 but now everyone is familiar with MS Outlook 2019. It is the latest version of Outlook and possesses many unique features. So, the problem arises when a user is unable to access his Outlook Express DBX file while he is upgrading to MS Outlook. In this article, we are going to discuss some easy methods that would help you to repair Outlook Express inbox DBX files with the help of the DBX Recovery Tool.
Methods to Fix Outlook Express Inbox Corruption
There must be some loopholes in your Outlook Express account and that is why you are unable to access it. You must first rectify those errors and then try to open Outlook Express inbox DBX.
Method 1: Delete Internet Temporary Files
- Open Internet Explorer and then in Tools open the Internet option.
- Click on Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files
- Now, Click on Delete All Offline Content and then on OK to confirm.
Note- If you have Internet Explorer 7 & 8 then you have to delete the temp files from the browsing history to repair Outlook Express.
Method 2: Compress Outlook Express Folders
- Launch Outlook Express and then click on Work Offline under the File
- Confirm that all files and folders are closed.
- Now, go to the File Tab again and Click on Compact All Folders.
- If you face any errors then try the same process again after restarting the whole system.
Method 3: Set Outlook Express as Default Client
Making Outlook Express the Default Folder would help you to repair Outlook Express DBX Files.
- Press Windows + R
- Enter msimn /reg and Press Enter
- Now, open Internet Explorer and in Tools open Options.
- Click on Programs and Make Outlook Express the default email client.
Method 4: Re-Enter DLL Library Files
- Press Windows + R and open the Run Command dialogue box.
- Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll and hit Enter
- Continue the Same process and enter the regsvr32 shdocvw.dll and regsvr32 browseui.dll
Method 5: Make a New Outlook Express Accounts
Exporting the emails from the old Outlook Express account to the new account might help you to repair Outlook Express DBX file issues.
- Go to Tools and click on Accounts in Outlook Express.
- Click on the Mail tab and select your OE account.
- Now, Click on Export and define the location of the file.
- Choose News and Repeat the same steps.
- Go to the File tab in Outlook Express Click on Identities and then on New Identities.
- Give a Name to the New Identity and click on OK.
- Move to the Newly Created Identity.
- If the OE prompts you to Import Files then Click on Cancel and Close the Wizard.
- Now, Click on Tools and select Accounts.
- Click on Import and select the files you have saved earlier.
- Now, Import All the Emails from the New Identity.
To Import New Identity follow the steps given below:-
- Open OE and Click on the File
- Click on Import and then on Messages.
- Select Microsoft Outlook Express 6 from the program list and click on Next.
- Choose the identity you are willing to import and click on OK
Well, if this method doesn’t help you to fix the DBX file issue then there is some serious problem with your file. The only way left is to spend some bucks and try a professional tool.
Restore Corrupt Outlook Express Inbox DBX File via Professional Tool
- Launch the SysInfo DBX Recovery Software and Add DBX
- Select the Mode of Recovery according to the severity of corruption and click on OK.
- Now, you can preview all the emails, folders, and other items of the DBX File.
- Select the file format according to your needs in which you want to save the DBX file and click on OK.
- The saving process will start and once it completes you’ll get a confirmation message.
I have told you many techniques on how to repair Outlook Express Inbox DBX files and now it is totally up to you how you tackle your problem. It is quite challenging to apply the manual steps, so you can try SysInfo DBX Repair Tool if you want to go for a shortcut. I hope I have assisted you well in resolving the issue related to your Outlook Express account.