Summary:-It is a very difficult task to tackle corruption in a PowerPoint file; it may even ruin your important presentation for Windows users. Here in this blog, we will discuss some manual methods to repair corrupt PowerPoint presentation Files. It also includes an alternative solution PPT Repair Tool that allows users to repair MS PowerPoint PPT files easily.
What is PowerPoint And Its Uses?
Microsoft Powerpoint is the best and most efficient powerful slide show presentation application. It is an effective component of the company’s Microsoft Office suite application and comes up with Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, and other office productivity applications. It allows you to share your presentation with others in real-time on the web. The only requirement is to provide the list for the particular presentation. Several other benefits of Powerpoint are custom animation, adding photos, videos, and sound effects, saving as a web page, and printing presentations as handouts. However, it contains these features and advantages; Powerpoint presentation files may get corrupted and damaged. Several other common causes for which the PowerPoint Presentation File is inaccessible like:
- A possibility that the user’s system gets infected with the viruses.
- An error occurs due to a sudden shutdown of the computer.
- Directly close the Microsoft PowerPoint application.
- Corruption of the hard disk
- A corrupt hard drive is also a reason.
- Certain viruses and malware also infect your file.
5 Best Methods to Repair Corrupt PPT Files
The above-mentioned are reasons behind a corrupt PPT File and also need to repair corrupt PowerPoint presentation files. Here, we have discussed different manuals and professional methods to fix a corrupt PowerPoint file. Follow the working procedure of each solution to open & repair a PowerPoint File:
Method 1. Choose another location For Corrupt PowerPoint.
- If your PPT file is not being opened and you want to repair corrupt PowerPoint, move it to another location, such as if it is stored in the external hard drive or removable storage device, then copy the file to your computer’s internal hard drive and open it.
- If the broken PPT file is already located on the system hard drive, copy it to the external drive and copy the inserted images, videos, or any other media files added to your PPT presentation while moving the file. Then open it.
- With this method, you can solve the corruption issues of your storage device that might be preventing you from accessing the PPT file. Scan and repair the former disk if it is open after moving into the second drive.
Steps to Move the File to a New Location in Windows
- Open Computer and click on MY PC.
- Right-click on the disk responsible for the issues.
- Click Properties>Tools tab > click on Check Now.
- You have to make sure to check both options.
- Now, click on Start to repair the PowerPoint file.
Steps to Select another Location to Repair Corrupt PowerPoint in Mac
- Open the Mac system and go to the “utilities” folder.
- Now, open Disk Utility.
- Here, try to open the disk, which is causing a problem.
- Finally, click on First-Aid and wait till the scan is complete.
Method 2. Open PowerPoint using Safe Mode.
Opening the PPT application in Safe Mode on windows may repair corrupted PPT files because the app starts with fewer features like add-ins, extensions, etc.
- Go to the “Start” menu and press the “Windows” and “R” keys together in your system.
- Type powerpoint /safe and click “OK.”
- Open your corrupt presentation file.
Suppose PPT is being open and working normally in safe mode. In that case, it means add-ins, extensions, or custom settings you made in PowerPoint are affecting the application’s functionality. So, go through PPT Options and do the troubleshooting.
Method 3. Insert slides of Damaged Presentation Into New File
The easiest and most promising technique is to deal with corrupt PowerPoint and fix the presentations. Users can insert slides from the damaged PPT presentation into a new blank file without opening the broken PPT. Here is the process of inserting slides from a damaged PPT presentation into a new blank file.
Simple Steps to Insert PPT Slides to New Blank PPT On PPT 2003 or Earlier Versions
- Open a new blank PPT file in your system.
- In the “Home” tab, select “Insert” then “Slides” from the Files option.
- Use the Slide Finder and open your corrupt PowerPoint presentation.
- Check the Keep source formatting box. (located at right bottom)
- Click on the “Insert All” option.
- Save this recreated presentation file in a new location.
Steps for Inserting the PPT Slides into a New Blank PPT on PPT 2007 or Improved Versions
- Open a new blank PPT file.
- In the “Home” tab, click on the “New Slide” and choose “Reuse Slides.”
- Open your corrupt PPT presentation by clicking the “Browse” button.
- All sides of your broken PPT presentation will be shown on the right panel.
- Check the “Keep source formatting” button.
- Right-click on a slide and choose “Insert All Slides.”
- Save this recreated presentation file in a new location.
If you cannot access the recreated file after adding slides to it from the corrupted presentation, then open the recreated file in PowerPoint. Go to the “Design” button, and click on the “Browse for Themes” button under the “Themes” category. Open the recreated presentation file in “solution # 3 “and press the “Apply” button. Choose “Save As” and give a new name.
Method 4. Use the Open & Repair PowerPoint Slides Option.
Microsoft PPT has an inbuilt solution called “Open and Repair” to recover and repair corrupt PPT slides. So, use this option and try to fix corrupt presentation files.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Repair Corrupt Powerpoint Files using PPT
- Open the PPT app, go to the “File” menu and click the “Open” button.
- Browse and select your corrupt PPT presentation file.
- Click on the “small arrow” located beside the “Open” button and choose the “Open and Repair” option.
- Wait for the completion of the repair process.
With this inbuilt PPT repair solution, you can fix all PPT presentation files that are slightly corrupted or damaged. If your PPT or PPTX file is severely corrupted or damaged, then you need to use an efficient PowerPoint file repair software.
Method 5 Use the Professional Solution to Repair Corrupted PPT Files
SysInfo PowerPoint Presentation Repair Software is a multitasking tool that can repair corrupt PowerPoint presentation files simultaneously. The software is competent enough to restore the maximum possible data from highly corrupt PPT files. Some prominent features of this tool are as follows:
- Restores Complete Recovered Data.
- Display Data Preview.
- Choose the “Master Slide” Option.
- Facilitate Bulk Recovery.
- Safe Recovery with Rapid Speed.
- Compatible with All Windows Versions, including Win 11.
Step by Step Guide to Fix a Corrupt PowerPoint File
- Launch the tool in your system and click “Browse” to select the corrupt PPT file. Now click on “Next” button.
- Select the recovery mode, either “Standard or “Advanced,” as per the level of corruption. Click the “Next” button again.
- The scanning process is being conducted in your system.
- You might be asked to select a master slide for recovery and click “OK.”
- Here you can check the preview of recovered slides and images. Now click “Next.”
- Click “Browse” to select a location for saving the new file, then click “Save.”
- The saving process is being conducted in your system.
- A new file has been saved at the defined location. You can click “OK” and close the application.
In this blog, we have discussed some manual and technical methods to repair corrupt PowerPoint presentation files. These methods are the best solutions to repair and recover corrupt PPT files. You can choose any of them according to corruption and errors in PPT files. Moreover, I would suggest selecting an expert solution because there is no chance of any data loss, and it’s an easy repair tool with multi-functions.