Summary:- “MS Outlook application contains data of contacts, calendars, tasks, and stores data in PST file formats. Sometimes, MS Outlook is unable to read PST files due to various reasons such as corrupted PST files, hanging of applications, and many others. Therefore the Outlook PST is not a personal folders file error occurs. So, this guide will discuss how you can solve this error with different methods. You can also fix Outlook PST is Not a Personal Folders File error by using PST Recovery Software.”
This error may cause when your PST files become corrupted. The other reasons for this error can be improper Windows Firewall settings, poor internet connection, suspicious emails, etc. Another reason of becoming damage your PST files is that you are migrating entire mailbox data to another system. The basis causing this error is that your corrupt PST file is responsible.
How to Fix Outlook PST is not a Personal folders file error?
We have already given you a little bit of information about the error. Let’s discuss how you can solve the error of Outlook PST is not a personal folder file. This section will go through numerous techniques to resolve an issue. First, we will do it manually, and after that, we will discuss a third-party tool.
- How to Create New PST Files?
- To Repair Outlook
- Try to Transfer PST files to IMAP Server.
- Using an Automated Solution
Method 1: How to Create New PST Files?
- Go to Control Panel on your local system.
- After opening the Control Panel, search the Mail option.
- Now, Open Mail Setup > Outlook Dialogue Box > Show Profiles.
- Then, Hit on Add button to continue the process of adding files.
- Write the name of your file and hit on the OK button.
- Again open the mail section in the control panel, and Pick Data Files.
- Moving further, choose the file from the list whose name you have written before and Select Set as the Default Option.
- In the end, close all applications and restart MS Outlook.
From the first manual method, you can see fix an error of Outlook PST is not a personal folders file.
Method 2: To Repair Outlook
- Search Control Panel in Windows Navigation on your PC or Laptop.
- After that, click on the Programs and Features option.
- Now, there are two options, Uninstall or Change, available on your desktop. Go to the Microsoft Office option and set it as a Change option.
- Moving further, Give Access.
- Then, MS Office will ask you for preferences to repair your Outlook files. Here, choose Quick Repair as an option. Hit on the Repair button.
- Wait for a while to complete the process.
- In the end, restart MS Outlook.
I hope you have got your answer on how do I get my personal folders back in Outlook.
Method 3: Try to Transfer PST files to IMAP Server.
- Open MS Outlook on your local system.
- After that, Go to File option > Open & Export option > Import/Export button.
- Now, click Import/Export Wizard > Import from another program or file > Next.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) > Next.
- Moving further, Go to File to Import > Replace duplicates with items imported > Browse button.
- Add a Specific File that you want to migrate your PST file. Hit on the Next button.
- In the following step, pick the subfolders that you want to include.
- After Including subfolders, go to the Import items into the current folder > Finish button.
Although using this process, you can also fix an issue of Outlook PST is not a personal folders file.
Method 4: By Using the scanpst.exe Tool
- First, Close the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Then, Move to the file manager and explore for scanpst.exe software.
- From the search bar, run the utility.
- Write the name and define the path of file that you need to repair.
- Initiate the process of repairing and scanning PST files.
- Restart the Outlook application.
Limitations of Accomplishing the Manual Method
- Sometimes, the corruption that occurs in Outlook is very severe.
- This method will not fix any PST files overextending the limit of 2GB size.
- These methods are too time-consuming and complicated.
- It requires a piece of Knowledge of Control Panel and MS Outlook.
Method 5: Fix Outlook PST is Not a Personal Folders File With a Reliable Solution
Sysinfo PST Recovery is a trustworthy and efficient software to resolve Outlook PST is not a personal folders file error. Users are allowed to recover their data from damaged or corrupted files of MS Outlook PST. You get benefits from repairing their PST files without any limitations on the size of the files. It also recovers data from the Password Protected and encrypted PST Files of MS Outlook. Moreover, it can also fix Out of Memory or System Resources problems in Outlook.
Features of the Wizard:
There are numerous features of the wizard for an error of Outlook PST is not a personal folders file. Let’s discuss this.
- It is a reliable and risk-free solution to recover your corrupted and damaged files of PST.
- This PST Recovery wizard supports Non-English characters.
- Users can set the auto-detect option while using this software to repair their files.
- The utility contains the quickest speed of scanning and supports the hierarchy of folders in the process of recovering PST files.
In this guide, we discussed the error of Outlook PST is not a personal folders file in brief detail. After that, we discuss how to fix it with several methods. It is all up to you to choose whatever procedure wherever you feel is easy to perform.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: How do I create a personal folder in Outlook PST?
- Go to File menu > New > pick Outlook Data File.
- Hit on the Office Outlook Personal Folders File (. pst) > OK.
- In the dialogue box of Outlook Data File, type a name for the file > OK.
Question: Where did my personal folders go in Outlook?
- Hit on the View tab > select the box following Hidden Items under Show/hide within the folder of Outlook.
- Select the List in the Layout to change the windows view > reveal each file or folder extension.