Summary:-Although GoDaddy is a way for customers to set up a professional email account and manage it based on their domain name, access calendar apps, and sync their contacts across mobile devices. But basically, they’re an internet domain registrar and web hosting company with over 20 million customers. They’re not really an office productivity company that will manage all your crucial information as an email client. On the other hand, Office 365 is the most popular and the first choice of many businesses and office professionals as it is managed by Microsoft and comes up with different suites of applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
In this article, you will learn the simple ways to migrate Godaddy email to Office 365 accounts manually. Moreover, you can also take the help of the GoDaddy to Office 365 Migration tool to move email from Godaddy to office 365 in bulk. So, before performing email migration from Godaddy to Office 365, let us discuss why users should migrate GoDaddy webmail to Office 365.
Why Migrate Godaddy Email to Office 365?
- Access Mailbox from Anywhere:- Office 365 is the best email client for users to store all the files in the cloud. Moreover, you can access your account from anywhere, any device, and any location without establishing an internet connection.
- Cost-Effective:- Office 365 is a cost-effective solution for customers looking for a small business setup. On the other hand, GoDaddy Webmail is costly for users.
- More Secure Cloud Storage:- MS Office 365 is a safe and secure environment with built-in security measures, like two-factor authentication, which ensures unauthorized people can’t access your files if they get on your PC.
- Increase teamwork and productivity:- Office 365 comes up with different suites of applications like Word, Powerpoint, Excel, OneDrive, and Outlook that benefit you to manage your work perfectly.
- Unlimited Storage Space:- Office 365 benefits users from viruses and data breaches. In addition, it has several plans comes-up with unlimited storage space.
These are various reasons users want to migrate emails from GoDaddy to Microsoft Office 365 accounts. Now, let’s move on to a solution part of performing GoDaddy email migration to office 365.
How to Migrate Godaddy Email to Office 365?
No direct method is available to migrate from Godaddy to Office 365. However, you can do a few things to transfer emails from GoDaddy to Office 365; first, save GoDaddy emails into CSV and import the same into Office 365 account; second, you can move GoDaddy emails using Outlook.
Method 1: Migrate from Godaddy to Microsoft 365 Using IMAP
You can easily migrate mail from GoDaddy to Office 365 for free using this method below. Firstly, gather the Office 365 administrator credentials, GoDaddy administrator credentials, and all the user passwords.
Step 1: Download all GoDaddy Emails in a CSV File
- Open GoDaddy Webmail and log in with the required credentials.
- Go to ‘Workspace Email’ and select the option Manage All.
- It will show you the list of emails; click on the Export option.
- In the Export Wizard, choose Email from the Export drop-down, and check the option ‘Select All’ to select all Email properties.
- Finally, choose the CSV option as a file format and click the Export button.
- Once you save it into the CSV file, please open it and create a new row at the top for the following details: User Name, Email Address, and Password.
Step 2: Migration from GoDaddy to Office 365
- Open Office 365 Admin center and go to the Admin Center.
- Here, click on the Exchange option.
- Go for recipients>>migration option.
- Now, click the Add (+) and choose Migrate to Exchange Online.
- Opt for the IMAP migration compatible with change and another email system.
- Click Choose File and browse the CSV file you created in the GoDaddy Email account.
- After opening the IMAP migration configuration page, enter the IMAP server details like imap.secureserver.net, Authentication (Basic), Encryption (SSL), and Port (993).
- Click on the Next button to proceed further.
- Here, you must assign the batch migration name, opt for the Bad Item limit and Large Item limit, and exclude the folder. Tap Next.
- Click the Browse button and choose the user(s) who will get the notification at various migration stages. Then select the option to start the migration.
- Once you complete the prerequisites for the migration and multiple files, migration will be started, and you will find a status Syncing.
- You can click the View details link and get more details about the process.
- Finally, all the emails are migrated from GoDaddy to Office 365.
Method 2: Migrate Godaddy Email to Office 365 Using Outlook
To move email from Godaddy to Office 365, you have first configured GoDaddy Account into Outlook and then exported the PST file into Office 35 account.
Step 1: Configure GoDaddy Account into Outlook
- Start Outlook on your System.
- Click on the File menu & tap Add account button.
- Here, enter the GoDaddy email account and click the Connect button.
- Again, enter the password of your GoDaddy email account.
- Once you have entered the password, click on the Connect button.
- Finally, you can view the status account added successfully and click Done.
Steps 2: Export Outlook Data as PST locally
- Open Outlook and go to the GoDaddy configured account.
- Choose the folder you want to import into your Office 365 account.
- Click on the File tab and select the Open & Export section.
- After that, click on the Import/Export option.
- Next, select the Export to a file from the list and click Next.
- Choose Outlook Data File(.pst) from the menu and tap the Next button.
- Go for the folder of the GoDaddy account and opt for built-in options.
- Click the Browse button to select the destination path for the output file.
- Finally, click the Finish button to save the GoDaddy emails to PST formats.
Step 3: Import PST to Office 365 Account
- Open Outlook on your system.
- Now, click on the File tab, then hit Open, and next to Import.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, choose Import from another file or program, and then hit Next.
- Proceed with Outlook Data File (.pst) and tap on the Next button.
- Now, set the choices for importing items. (The default settings usually don’t require to be changed)
- Finally, click on Finish to import PST into Office 365.
Method 3: Migrate from GoDaddy to Office 365 Professionally
SysInfo GoDaddy Backup Tool is the most efficient and reliable tool that allows users to migrate emails from GoDaddy to Office 365. This GoDaddy to Office 365 migration is capable enough to migrate multiple mailbox folders of GoDaddy to Microsoft 365. On the other hand, you can also backup the GoDaddy mailbox items into different file formats like PST, MSG, MBOX, EML, CSV, and PDF.
Steps to Migrate GoDaddy Email to Office 365
- Start the Software as an administrator.
- Enter GoDaddy email address and app password.
- Select the folders you want to migrate and click Next.
- Choose Office 365 from the drop-down list.
- Sign in with your O365 email Id and password.
- You can use the built-in features and assign a folder name.
- Click the Convert button to start GoDaddy to Office 365 migration.
Through this article, we understood the best and simple ways to migrate from GoDaddy to Office 365. Migrating from Godaddy to Office 365 is not direct; you have to save GoDaddy emails and then import CSV to your Office 365 account or use Outlook. Thus, there is a limitation in migrating the data, and we recommend using a third-party solution. Additionally, a professional solution is free and allows users to migrate 50 emails from each folder of GoDaddy into 0365 accounts.