Are you looking for help to install Symantec Backup Exec 2012 on your system? To install Backup Exec on your system is not as easy as you think. There are various steps you need to follow. The process of this installation may take some time. But if you have no idea how to do that, you must read this blog post for help. After installing the Symantec Backup Exec, you must know how to use it. Here we have told you the way to Use the Symantec Backup Exec 2012 on your system.
Installing Symantec Backup Exec
To install Symantec Backup Exec 2012, follow the steps shown below:
- Run Symantec Backup Exec 2012.
- Select language, e.g. English and click on OK.
- The Symantec Backup Exec 2012 DVD Browser will be opened.
- From the Home Screen, go to Pre-installation.
- Click on Backup Exec.
- The Backup Exec Environment Check 2.0 window will be opened.
- Check the box Local Environmental Check and click on Next.
- An environmental check is running on your system. Please wait until it gets completed.
- The result will be saved on the path shown there. You may also change the path. Click on the Change Path button.
- Once you have allocated the desired path, click on Finish.
- Now go to Installation. Click on Backup Exec.
- The initial installation will be started. Once it gets completed the Symantec Backup Exec (TM) 2012 window will be opened.
- Accept the terms of the license agreement and click on Next.
- Choose Custom Installation and click on Next.
- Choose Local Installation and select “Install Backup Exec software and options”. Click on Next.
- Environment Check has already run on your system. Click on Next.
- Install a trial version of Backup Exec. Click on Next.
- Configure Options: Select the features to install and click on Next.
- Choose Language: You have already chosen English as your language. Click on Next.
- Choose Destination: Click on C Drive or any other where you want to install the Backup Exec. Click on Next.
- Service Account: Write the password of your service account and click on Next.
- Now choose SQL Server: Check “Create a local Backup Exec SQL Express instance to store the database on” and click on Next.
- Tape Device Drivers: Check “Use Symantec device drivers for all tape devices (recommended)” box and click on Next.
- Archive Index Path: A path is set by default. You may also change it by browsing a new path. Click on Next.
- Installation Review: Overview all the information and click on the Install button.
- Installation is in progress. It will take several minutes. Do not disturb the installation.
- The install wizard has completed successfully. Uncheck the View Readme box and click on Finish.
- Survey: If you do not want to give the survey, you can check the “Skip the survey and finish the installation” box. Click on Finish.
- Close the window and launch the Backup Exec 2012 on your system.
How to Use Symantec Backup Exec 2012
If you are unfamiliar with Symantec Backup Exec 2012, you might be facing some problems while using it (either for backing up your data or for restoring the BKF file). Backup Exec (BE) is very easy to use, i.e. any non-technical user can use it with ease. If you do not have Symantec Backup Exec on your system, you need to download it and then you can install it on your system.
Follow the Steps Use Symantec Backup Exec 2012
- Launch your Backup Exec 2012 program on your system.
- The Home screen of Backup Exec 2012 will appear. Click on the Backup and Restore tab.
- Now choose a storage device. Click on Backup under the Backup and Restore tab and select Back Up to Disk.
- Please wait for a while as Backup Exec is creating backup definitions.
- The Backup Properties window will be opened. In the left pane, click on the Edit button.
- The Backup Selections window will be opened. In the left pane, select the drives or servers you want to backup. Click on OK.
- Again the Backup Properties window will be opened. Click on OK.
- The backup job starts now. Please wait until it gets completed.
Note: Do not interrupt or disturb the running backup job. Within a couple of minutes, the backup job will be completed.
Now you are aware of the installation process of Symantec Backup Exec 2012 and know how to use this utility on your system. The steps are simple for installing Symantec Backup Exec and you can use it easily on your system. We have also mentioned the steps to run and use Symantec Backup Exec on Windows so that you can make the best use of this utility.