Know the easy fix for SQL lite Database Error: SQLite database disk image is malformed !!
Corruption is not a new phenomenon. Whether is society or the digital world. Once in a while, you face it. And yes it only leaves you in loss.
Similarly, SQLite database users also face different errors leading to corruption. The most common error or corruption which SQLite users face is SQLite database disk image is malformed .
If you’re making heavy use of your SQLite database, then there is hefty chances that your SQLite database will become corrupted. Usually, this corruption occurs due to bugs within your database and sometimes hardware failure is also one of the reason. In this blog, you will not only get to know how t recover SQL Database and get rid of SQLite Error SQLite database disk image is malformed. But also you will know the reasons behind the corruption so that you get alert and avoid your SQLite from corruption.
Before I begin with the ways to recover SQL Database. I would like to give a brief overview of SQLite.
What is SQLite Database
SQLite is a self-contained, highly reliable, embedded, full-featured, public-domain, SQL database engine. Unlike other DBMS, SQLite is non-client-server database engine. It is most widely deployed database management system in the world. For the reason that SQLite is used by several browsers, OS, embedded systems and more other applications SQLite best fits this need If you’re considering for an open-source and embedded database software for local or client storage in application software.
However, it does not have a separate server process, unlike any other SQL databases.
With the upcoming Digital era, the demand for the database has increased a lot. The database helps users to store the information and data in a well-organized manner. Users can also retrieve data from the database. However, either due to mistakes or another way the data in the database file might get corrupted.
Recommended blogs: How to fix Corrupt SQL Database.
Now lets us check out the reasons that led to the Error SQLite Database Disk Image Is Malformed Error
- Corruption In SQLite Files is one of the main reasons is the corruption of SQLite files.
- The foremost reason behind the occurrence of this error When a non-SQLite database file is tried to be opened in SQLite database, this error comes up.
- Creation of a backup of the database file while the database was currently in use.
- Regular use of SQLite database leads to large amount of data, which results in the increase of size over the well-defined limit. This is also one of the factors responsible for generating this error SQLite Database Disk Image Is Malformed.
- As we all know SQLite database is actually an ordinary disk file. So any process can easily open it and can overwrite it with junk characters and make unwanted changes.
- failure in the disk drive or flash memory can also corrupt SQLite database. This can cause in the file content, and lead to corruption. In this case, process to repair SQLite database becomes quite complicated,
- Being one of the best database SQLite has many built-in protections which work against database corruption. But sometimes, many of these protections are disabled due to configuration options. This will result in corruption in SQLite database files.
- Almost all programs contain some internal bugs. The SQLite database program too contains minor bugs which may cause corruption.and leads to error SQLite Database Disk Image Is Malformed Error
Now lets look into the ways to fix Error SQLite Database Disk Image Is Malformed Error
Golden rule to repair corrupt SQLite Database :
To avoid the loss of corruption and to get back data in the healthy condition it is necessary to have the backup. If you have a valid backup for your SQLite database You c easily an restore SQLite database from its backup. But there is a chance that your Back up is corrupt, In that, you can repair SQLite database or you can use SQLite Data Recovery Tool.
Check out the steps to repair corrupt SQLite Database :
If you need to get rid of the error and repair SQLite database, just follow these steps:
Step 1: Open DB Browser for SQLite .
Step 2: Now run database check command. For that, just click on Execute SQL tab.
Step 3: Now type PRAGMA integrity check and clickcon the play button. If your SQLite database is corrupt, then there would be some error. But if your SQLite database is is error free, then you would see “Query executed successfully: PRAGMA integrity_check (took 0ms)”.
Step 4: If you face any error like SQLite Database Disk Image Is Malformed in the database. Then you can export your database into SQL file. For that, just click File tab on top followed Export > Database to SQL file…
Step 5: Now select the objects you want to export on Export SQL… dialog box. Also, define other options as well.
Step 6: Then click OK to start the exporting process.
Once the database is successfully exported, you need to import the database back to SQLite browser. How?
Step 7: Click File tab on top > Import > Database from SQL file…
This action will repair SQLite database, and then you can easily open it.
If you fails to recover corrupt SQLite database with above mentioned steps then you can give a try to SQLite Recovery Tool. It flawlessly provides the recovery of corrupt SQLite database files created by SQLite2 and SQLite3 .