Summary:-Sometimes Outlook files go missing abruptly, and this is when users realise the importance of knowing one particular method, which can help them find missing PST file in no time. Keeping this in mind, here we will discuss a comprehensive step-by-step guide to locating a missing PST file with ease. In addition, the post also entails adding the same (PST file) to your Outlook profile. But if you missed or your file gets corrupted in this file restoration process, then you can also try Outlook PST Repair Software, which can quickly recover all the data from corrupt or damaged PST files.
Due to the file portability or high-ended applications, users tend to save a surge of PST files on their home or office systems which sometimes makes it challenging to locate a particular file at the time of need. Moreover, several reasons are responsible for not finding PST files.
Reasons of PST File Location is Missing or Lost
There are different reasons behind the need to find Missing PST File. Some of them are as follows:
- Undetermined file path: When the file path is doubtful, and PST files are not saved, it means losing all the data and not using the user’s entire efforts.
- Hardware anomalies: Once the Hard Disk Drive crashes, the resultant is lost PST files, leaving behind the traces of existing files beyond recovery and repair.
- Getting all rubbish clean: In this situation, the PST file’s location becomes lost without the user’s knowledge. Thus, users try to find PST files on the hard disk, so all PST files do not appear to the user for the first time.
Method to Locate Missing PST Files
The different versions of the Windows Operating Systems have various PST file-saving destinations; hence, their path can be quite different. Follow the steps carefully to find or locate a missing PST File of Microsoft Outlook:
- The location of the PST file in Outlook 2007 and previous versions of MS Outlook is – File-> Data File Management.
- The location of PST file in Outlook 2010 and 2013 is – File-> Info-> Account Settings-> Accounts Settings -> tab Data Files
- The Mail applet in the Control Panel.
- In Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013 – PST files are saved in a subfolder called Outlook Files in your My Documents folder.
- In Windows 10 – drive:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook or In Windows 10 – drive:\Users\\Roaming\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- On Windows 8, Windows 7, and Vista – C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- In Windows XP – C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
With the steps mentioned above, it is evident that locating missing PST files varies for different Windows Operating systems. In this case, a third-party tool can play a significant role. Therefore, in the next part, we will discuss a tool for locating a missing PST file.
How to Find Missing PST File Professionally?
SysInfo Outlook PST Recovery is one of the best solutions for the problem, as mentioned earlier. Try out this free Windows utility to recover and find missing PST Files. With the advanced features to Repair Oversized Outlook PST File data into multiple formats like PST, MSG, MBOX, DBX, and EML. It successfully recovers Encrypted and Password Protected Outlook PST Files. It supports PST files created by MS Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, etc.
Step By Step Guide to Restore the PST file Missing Items
- Start the PST File Recovery Software as an administrator.
- Click Open to browse the corrupt or damaged Outlook PST file.
- Choose the recovery mode from the drop-down list.
- The software shows you the folders containing missing files.
- Select the folders and click on the Save button.
- Opt for the Saving format as PST and click Ok to finish the process.
How to locate or find missing PST file in Outlook is a common problem, and in this blog, we have suggested the technique to get rid of this problem. Various software is available over the internet to find PST files if lost or go missing, but Sysinfo Outlook Recovery is the best with advanced features and is readily available for free.