The blog lists out the moderate solutions for the query ‘how to access archived emails in Outlook’. Remember, an archive file is a collection of multiple files compressed together to save space. In fact, saving space does not infer occupying any space at all, rather it occupies less space in the memory. These piling of archive files can fill up the space of inbox and lead to various inconsistencies. To avoid inconsistency and for smooth processing, here firstly, we will discuss reasons and their multiple ways to retrieve the archived files in Outlook.
Reasons Behind Archiving Outlook Emails:
- Leaves an individual to a non-congested inbox that will be easier to manage.
- The user will not lose track of crucial data files.
- Allows quick access to your Outlook emails.
- Secures the business from the possibility of legal action.
Methods to Access Archived Emails in Outlook Manually
Method 1: Retrieve Archived Emails in Outlook 2007 and 2010
- First, go to the File menu.
- Now, redirect to the Archive Option.
- Hit the Archive this folder and all sub-folders option, and then choose the folder that you wish to archive. Any sub-folder of the folder you pick is included in this manual archive strategy.
- In the Archive items older than field, type in a date.
- Now, under the Archive file window, search the file you wish to archive using the Browse button.
- Next, type in a new name for the archive file and tap Ok. The path of the archive file will display in the archive box.
- Pick the Include items with “Do not AutoArchive” checkbox to include any items that might be individually marked to be excluded from automatic archiving. The option does not exclude any items, it just avoids the not auto-archive’’ for this particular step.
Note: Saving the file to your Home Drive (M:) will be included in your memory space. Besides, another possible location you can save your archived PST files is desktop. Always remember the location of your archived Outlook files.
Method 2: How to Archive Emails in Outlook 2016
If you have not enabled AutoArchive in Outlook, then you can try archive emails portably. Believe it or not, it is a good way to filter your inbox mails. Follow the below-mentioned steps to sort out your inbox emails.
- Firstly, redirect to the File menu -> choose Info.
- Secondly, go to the Cleanup Tools next to Mailbox Cleanup and hit the Archive tab.
- Thirdly, pick a folder you wish to archive. Outlook will save the folder along with its subfolders. If you pick “Outlook” (the highest level folder), all of the items in Outlook will be migrated to a new data file.
- Next, choose your archive options like item date.
- Press the OK button and Outlook will start archiving your mail and other items, depending on the folder you picked.
Moreover, an individual can archive Outlook mail as you wish and migrate the archive Outlook PST file to a different drive to save space. Although, when you wish to view those old emails again, just access it with the .pst file.
Method 3: Auto Recover Archived Emails from MS Outlook
To overpower the limitations of the standard method, one can try using a commercialized product. One such product is the Outlook Recovery Software. Instead of archiving the important files, one can simply take a backup of crucial PST files on a portable device, PC, or another email client. Below mentioned are some of the best features offered by the utility.
- It recovers all Outlook mailbox items like calendars, email messages, distribution groups, contacts, journals, to do’s, etc.
- There is no restriction on the size of the loading file in the software.
- The utility downloads the recovered PST files into various file formats such as MBOX, DBX, EML, PST, MSG, etc.
- Deliberately restores password- encrypted Outlook PST Files.
- Avails Snapshot feature to prevent the re-scanning of resultant PST file.
Above, we have mentioned a method to solve the query ‘How to access archived emails in Outlook. Well to focus on the query we have stated relevant methods. Importantly, the methods include manual as well as automated strategy to acquire the same. However, it is often frustrating to solve such queries with a manual approach as they are tedious and lengthy. Whereas, the verified approaches are known for their easy to use experience. Furthermore, these approaches use a level algorithm to provide an individual user- friendly interface for a better experience.