PDF files which have become an essential element for computer users can be corrupted at any point of time as corruption is always uninvited. PDF or Portable Document Format is a multi-featured format of a file which is used by many ways. Such as: for digital or electronic printing & visual arts, e-book writing, document presentation, document management, creation of photo album, sharing/ transferring and publishing data & information over the internet. As the fact says that a thing which is widely used gets corrupted or damaged soon and the perfect example of this fact is PDF document or file. PDF file is the most beneficial file format for computer users that offers: excellent flexibility or mobility, interactive features to attach including multimedia files, high level of data encryption and protection and many more. Though a PDF file has multiple qualities for users but on the other side it has one bad aspect as well. PDF files are at high risk of corruption and due to this it becomes very difficult to protect PDF files from corruption. There are several factors which are responsible for PDF corruption. Some of them are discussed below:
- Corruption occurs during downloading: When users download any PDF file from the internet and in the meanwhile if the internet connection gets failed or any interruption occurs during downloading the PDF file will be corrupted. (Always check your Internet Connection while downloading PDF files).
- Corruption occurs during sharing or transferring: While sharing or transferring a PDF file from one system to another if the internet connection gets failed or interrupted, then the receiver shall receive a damaged or useless PDF file. (Always check your Internet Connection while sharing or transferring PDF files).
- Corruption occurs during uploading, creating or saving: Sudden power failure of system while uploading, creating or saving a PDF file can corrupt PDF file. (Always use UPS machine with your computer system).
- Corruption occurs by using incompatible program: If users use any incompatible program to create PDF files instead of Adobe Acrobat the PDF files can be corrupted. (Always use Adobe Acrobat to create PDF files).
- Corruption occurs due to Virus Infections: If any computer is affected from Virus-infections then the virus will surely affect or damage the PDF files stored inside that system. (Always scan your computer by an Anti-virus program and keep it updated).
- Corruption occurs due to hard disk drive failure: PDF files can be damaged when there is any error occurs in hard disk drive and it becomes faulty. (Always maintain and handle your hard disk drive properly).
Those are some common reasons which usually considered as minor issues but when they occur they damage or affect PDF files a lot. Any single reason is enough to ruin the PDF files. Once a PDF file gets damaged it can’t be opened or accessed anyhow. But yes if it gets repaired then only users can utilize their PDF files otherwise nothing can be done. Users can use PDF Recovery Tool which will allow them to recover all maximum possible data from their corrupt PDF files in just no time.