User Query 1: "We are looking for a solution on how to Export AOL Email Folders to Gmail. Can you help us find a secure solution?"
User Query 2: "I was working with AOL webmail client in my previous organization but now I have to use Gmail in my current organization. Is there any suggestions on how to initiate migration from AOL email to Google Mail Inbox?"
AOL Mail is a free online email service offered by AOL. In 1993, both America Online (AOL) and Delphi began colliding their proprietary webmail services with the browser. By 1997, AOL Mail was the world’s most famous webmail services provider, with around 9 million subscribers.
Gmail is an unpaid service started by Google. An individual can open Gmail on the internet browser with the help of third-party utilities that help configuration using POP/IMAP protocols.
Now moving forward to the manual approach to import AOL mails assuredly.
How to Forward AOL Mail to Gmail 2019 using Some Free Methods?
These instructions will help an individual find a solution for query ‘How to export AOL email folders to Gmail’.
- First, replicate all email messages you wish to forward from your AOL Mail Sent Mail/ Spam folders to a folder named AOL Mail Saved Mail or another custom folder. Emails in Drafts and Spam folders are not yet migrated.
- Secondly, sign in to your Google Mail Profile.
- Thirdly, redirect to the Settings gear in Google.
- Now, tap Settings in the menu in the following step.
- Then, pick the Accounts and Import tab.
- Next, choose Import mail and contacts. If you have recently move email messages, tap Import from another address. The Import dialogue box will then popup.
- Type in your AOL mail id under ‘’From which account you wish to import from?‘’.
- Now, hit Continue.
- Then, fill in your AOL Mail security key under type in the password for email@example.com.
- Next, tap Continue.
- Ensure that Import contacts and Import mail are highlighted. To receive messages at AOL account, copy all the inbox items to Gmail for a month. Next, tap Import new mail for consecutive 30 days.
- Lastly, hit ‘begin import’ and tap OK.
- This approach will prove beneficial for techies as well as novice users to solve the query ‘How to Export AOL Email Folders to Gmail’.
How to Restrict Automatic Forward AOL Mail?
- First, log in to your Gmail account using correct credentials.
- Secondly, tap the settings gear icon in Gmail.
- Thirdly, hit Settings in the following popup.
- Now, tap Accounts and Import options.
- Under the Import Mail and Contacts part, then tap Stop or Delete next to the profile you wish to restrict receiving messages from.
- Lastly, hit OK to confirm that you wish to restrict importing emails into your Gmail account. The email address will be disconnected immediately.
Drawbacks: The above approach to export AOL emails to Google mail is quite tedious. The synchronization of the approach is time taking and never really gives satisfactory results.
Professional Approach to Export AOL Emails to Gmail:
This approach seems invalid to provide better results. But, don’t panic, users can try utilizing AOL Backup Tool to automatically forward AOL Mails, calendars into Gmail. An individual will be delighted to acknowledge that the utility is loaded with advanced features that hardly any other utility comprise.
- The software downloads AOL messages to hard drive in discrete file formats such as PST, MBOX, CSV, PDF, DOC, DOCM,AOL, HTML, MHTML, PNG, TXT, etc.
- The software excludes replicated messages based on To, From, subject, bcc, body pattern.
- Inbuilt Pause and Resume alternative to control Backup and backup process preferably.
- The software makes sure no data misalignment during the migration process.
- It saves AOL messages in PDF, DOC, DOCM, files for better communication.
- Effortlessly migrate AOL messages to Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Thunderbird, Opera Mail, Office 365, etc. webmail services.
Wrapping It Up:
The approach is well studied and aims to provide accurate results. If in any case, the portable approach is not bound enough to resolve the query ‘How to Export AOL Email Folders to Gmail’. Then, the user can surely connect to a commercial utility for a secure backup in the desired mail client.