Here, we will share methods to resolve the issue ‘how to configure Hotmail in Outlook 2007 and other versions as well’. In the modern world, connecting two mail clients has become a trend. Assuming the case of setting up Hotmail in Outlook, it can do wonders. For instance, the Hotmail account synchronized with Outlook allows users to send/receive Hotmail messages via Outlook.
So, let’s take a look at the below mentioned manual ways to synchronize the two.
How to Configure Hotmail in Outlook 2010?
- Redirect to the File menu -> Info in Outlook email.
- Hit the Add Account button.
- Make sure the relevant email account is chosen.
- Type in the name under ‘Your Name’ field.
- Next, type in your Hotmail email account address under ‘Email address’ field.
- Fill in your Hotmail account password under ‘Password’ and ‘Confirm Password’ field.
- Hit the Next button.
- Now, press the Finish button.
How to Configure Hotmail in Outlook 2007?
- Download and Run the MS Outlook Hotmail Connector.
- Pick the Outlook Connector -> Attach a New Account using the Add New tab in the File menu.
- Next, enter your Hotmail account id under the ‘Email address’ category.
- Enter your Windows Live Mail account password under ‘Password’ category.
- Now, fill in your name under the ‘Name’ category.
- Tap the Ok button and again in the following window.
- Reboot the Outlook application.
How to Set Up Hotmail in Outlook using POP?
- Go to the Tools menu -> Account Settings -> Email tab.
- Tap the New tab.
- Ensure the Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP is chosen.
- Press the Next button.
- Now, enter in your name as you wish it to display in outgoing email under ‘Your Name’ category.
- Fill in your Hotmail account id under the ‘Email Address’ category.
- Ensure the configure server settings or additional server types is done manually are verified thoroughly.
- Tap the Next button to proceed.
- Next, choose the Internet Email option.
- Press the Next button to continue further.
- Ensure the POP3 option is marked under Account Type tab.
- Enter the following details:
Incoming mail server: pop3.livemail.com
Outgoing Mail server: smtp.live.com
User name: Your Hotmail address 'firstname.lastname@example.org’
Password: Hotmail password
- Next, tap the More Settings button.
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Tick the checkbox beside ‘outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’.
- Confirm Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
- Redirect to the Advanced tab.
Encrypted connection: SSL
Incoming server: POP3
Outgoing server: SMTP
- Tap the Ok button and then press Next.
- Now, hit the Finish button to close the current window.
Alternative Way to Set up Hotmail Account in Outlook Express:
Users may find it inconvenient to set up the Hotmail account in Outlook utilizing the above methods. Therefore, he/she can use this method. As it helps the user to directly move to the accomplished method recommended by experts. One such extraordinary method is the Hotmail Email Backup Tool. However, utilizing the utility can simply export the Hotmail mailbox items to PST file format. Moreover, it proposes some advanced features as well.
- The utility requires the username and password of the Hotmail Account fro backup process.
- The software stores Hotmail messages to file formats like HTML, PST, EML, PDF, MSG, EMLX, and MBOX.
- Personalize selection of email folders on both Windows and MAC platform.
- Facilitates Date Range Filter for excluding unnecessary emails from the files you wish to have a backup for.
- It allows previewing converted files for ensuring data integrity.
- The software works smoothly on all the launched versions of Mac and Windows operating system.
- It allows renaming the Hotmail files after saving.
Summing It Up:
Above, we have discussed ultimate solutions regarding ‘how to configure Hotmail in Outlook 2007’. Although, the standard approach mentioned above has both advantages and disadvantages. Likewise, some of the disadvantages every manual method comprises are tiring approach, forever taking completion, and lengthy steps. Furthermore, the manual approach requires technical experience to perform the procedure. Whereas, the automated solution does not inherit any of the above limitations from the start. Sometimes, the manual method works like the demo version for the user. Although, the approach does not imply that it keeps the data intact throughout the process. Manual methods usually underrate the quality of the content files.