Summary:-When you have a lonely PST File and don't have MS Outlook then it is really difficult to view the emails present in that PST File. You will need MS Outlook to access emails of the PST file and if you don't have MS Outlook then there can be a problem in accessing it. Well, there are some other ways that will help you to open PST File without Outlook. If your PST file is damaged or corrupted then also you cannot open it even if you have MS Outlook. Therefore, you can try the PST Viewer Tool to access Outlook File without Outlook Installation. This tool can open a corrupt PST file and displays all the emails present in it without Outlook installation.
What is a PST File?
As we are aware of the fact that PST is a Personal storage folder saved by Microsoft Outlook. The file format is used to store every email item like sent emails, received emails, contacts, calendars and etc. Outlook with the combination of SharePoint Server and Microsoft Exchange Server helps you to manage emails with ease.
In earlier versions of Outlook, PST files were stored in ANSI format with a maximum size limit of 20 GB. But now with the new upgrade of Outlook PST files can have a maximum file size limit named a UNICODE format. But due to some hassle, Outlook users are bound to open and view PST while not Outlook. PST file can easily be accessed on to another computer but you need to have Outlook installed to open or view it. But the question is how do we access PST files without having Outlook?
Recommended reading: How to Fix Oversized PST files?
Challenges in Accessing PST Files Without Outlook
Generally, people try to convert the PST file into another format to read the content. But this process always does not give you the appropriate result. Below you will get some challenges faced by users:
- The first challenge usually faced by a user is to import the file in Outlook(if carrying a PST), without Outlook it is quite impossible.
- Users look forward to convert PST into MSG format by dragging the email on the desktop or some other location. However, you need to have an email client to open the MSG email at present time.
- Some try to use commercial tools for the conversion of PST file format into another format. But sometimes Outlook installation is needed by the software to make the conversion.
How to Access PST File Emails and Folders without Outlook
To fight every challenge faced by users who need to access their PST data with the use of Outlook; use the SysInfo PST file Viewer tool. This tool allows you to view and access PST files without MS Outlook. You just have to download and install the software on your system which is a freeware viewer. One of the amazing features that PST Viewer carries is handling errors or PST file corruption and providing the preview of file content in a healthy state.
Key features PST File Viewer
- Enabled feature to open/view/read PST files without Outlook.
- Handles corrupted Outlook PST data files (ANSI & Unicode).
- Preview of all PST items such as Emails, Contacts, Tasks and journals etc.
- Automatically Detects details of the selected file.
- Handles alignment errors if found.
- Export every data to HTML file format.
- Create a Log file in text format at your location.
Note: For instant saving of previewed and recovered PST Download Outlook PST Repair
Steps to Outlook PST File without Installing MS Outlook
- Download and Install PST file viewer to open PST files on your system without Outlook.
- After you have launched the software, click on the Open button to add the PST file to the software.
- Select the Scanning modes to fight file errors and file corruption.
- The file will be scanned and the file structure will be displayed in front of you.
- Select the folder that you want to view e.g; here inbox folder is selected.
- Choose the email to view where the content and attachment are displayed in the file viewer panel.
We have reached the end of the blog and I hope that now you can open PST file without Outlook. With the detailed study about Outlook data items, you can definitely use this read PST data on your system. SysInfo PST file viewer tool is very safe and maintains the originality of PST data during the scanning and preview process. This tool is the choice of millions of users.