Summary:- If you are a user of Opera Mail for a couple of years but realize that Opera Mail is outdated and not supported anywhere. Through this technical blog, you will understand the step-by-step guide to migrate Opera mailbox data to some other reliable email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird. Further, the working steps keep the Opera labels as filters in the new client and preserve hierarchy intact.
What are Opera Mail and Thunderbird?
Opera Mail is a free email service provider managed by the team behind the well-known Opera web browser. But Opera Mail was discontinued in 2016. Thus, if anyone uses the email client is bound to feel the lack of support. If you’re also using the Opera mailbox to manage emails, now it is time to change things.
Some Major Drawbacks of Opera Mail
- It does not provide any technical support now.
- Data synchronization is a time-taking process in Opera Mail.
- Do not receive any further updates of Opera Mail versions.
- Sometimes, it will be difficult to contribute to the development of the browser.
- Overloaded with functions makes use of Opera Mail difficult.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a free, open-source, and cross-platform email application that’s easy to set up and customize - it is not just an inbox—it is more than that. It provides enticing features like chat options, RSS feed reader, and newsgroup options. Additionally, it offers better security and the provision to manage many email accounts seamlessly.
Advantages of Using Mozilla Thunderbird
- Offer option to open multiple tabs for navigation at a time.
- Feature to accommodate multiple email clients easily that supports different protocols such as IMAP, POP3, SMTP.
- It allows you to archive email by clicking the "A" button.
- Able to manage mailbox properly, Fast search, filter, tags, and view of emails.
- It provides high-security protection for emails and other options like spam filters, firewalls, and antivirus.
- Consistent in design yet got greater flexibility as well.
How to Migrate Opera Mail to Thunderbird?
SysInfo Opera Mail Backup Tool is a safe and risk-free utility to export Opera Mail to Thunderbird without any data loss. The software is competent enough to transfer multiple Opera mailbox folder data into Thunderbird email clients. It doesn’t require any prior technical knowledge for its use. Any naive user can easily handle this software because of its interactive and easy-to-use GUI.
Why Choose Opera Backup Tool by SysInfo?
- Support Bulk Conversion of Opera Emails with their attachments into Thunderbird.
- Migrate Opera Mail to Thunderbird and other email clients like AOL, Gmail, Office 365, Live Exchange, Zoho Mail, etc.
- It allows users to remove duplicate emails from the selected folders.
- Plus, it enables you to backup Opera emails into PST, PDF, OST, CSV, MBOX, EML, DOC, TXT formats.
- Mail Filter to separate the emails based on the date range.
- Have an option to exclude attachment files from emails.
- Custom Folder Name to assign the name of the resultant folder.
- Prerequisites:- You have to make sure that Opera Mail is installed on the PC.
- Ideal with all the versions of Windows OS like 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, etc.
Step-By-Step Guide to Migrate Opera Mail to Thunderbird
Step 1: First of all, download and install SysInfo Opera Mail Backup Tool.
Step 2: After that, run the software as an administrator on your system.
Step 3: The software shows you the folders of the Opera Mail account.
Step 4: Now, check the folders from the tree structure that you want to migrate.
Step 5: Here, you can also preview mail and their attachments files and click Next.
Step 6: Select Thunderbird from the drop-down list of Saves/Backup/Migrate As options.
Step 7: Choose the features required:
- Save in Same:- To make the source and destination folder the same.
- Remove Duplicate Mail:- It allows you to delete similar emails from the chosen Opera mailbox folders.
- You can also exclude the attachments files from the Opera mailbox emails.
- Mail Filter:- It enables you to migrate emails between two date ranges.
- Custom Folder Name:- Use this to define the name of the output folder.
Step 8: Click on the Path To Save button to select the destination folder.
Step 9: Now, hit the Convert button to start the migration of Opera emails into Thunderbird.
Step 10: Opt for the Download Report button and save the report of migration.
Now, the wait is over, and you do not have to suffer from outdated Opera Mail versions. In this blog, we described the step-by-step guide of an expert solution to migrate Opera mail to Thunderbird. (An efficient and reliable email client) Therefore, use the Opera Email Backup Tool by SysInfo and import Opera Mail to Thunderbird with ease.