Summary: If you are looking for the process to import MBOX into Gmail account then you are on the right page. In this handset, two different methods have been discussed in order to upload an MBOX file into Gmail.
So don’t worry if you are a beginner or a novice person, now you can easily store MBOX data to Gmail account with the help of these easy and simple methods.
Both methods are easy to understand and simple to execute. You can use any of them according to your need.
Also, you will come to know about the pros and cons of both the methods and which method will be best suitable for you.
So let’s move further towards the solution for getting MBOX data into Gmail.
Explained manual way to convert MBOX file into Gmail account:
Step 1# Establish your Gmail account with Thunderbird
- Download and successfully launch Thunderbird on your machine.
- Click on create a new account: Email.
- Select the choice “skips this and opts for existing Gmail account”.
- Fill your Gmail account credentials and click continue.
- Select the IMAP and click “done”.
- Now your Gmail account is fully set up on Thunderbird.
Step 2# Now install “ImportExportTools” Add-on for Thunderbird
- Download this extension utility for Thunderbird application and save the .xpi file.
- Now open the Thunderbird application and click on “add-on” from the upper right corner of the app.
- From the add-on tab, select the gear icon and install add-on from the file.
- Search the .xpi file format and follow the steps for a successful installation.
- Now restart the Thunderbird application.
Step 3# Extract data from zipped up Gmail file granted to you
- Successfully download and unzip the Gmail file.
- Once the .zip file is extracted, you will get many MBOX files that are named according to the comparable label in Gmail.
Step 4# Here transfer the Emails files from MBOX for the label that you want to restore
- Open Thunderbird and locally export MBOX files to a folder.
- Select one or more than one MBOX file to import and hit “OK”.
- Wait for the Gmail files to get imported from the selected label.
Step 5# Open and view the Imported Emails files into your Gmail account
- Open local folders from the navigation pane in Thunderbird and choose the folder with the label name which you want to import.
- Select all the emails from that folder and copy & paste to your Gmail address with a path to the label which you want to restore emails to.
- Wait for the emails to get imported to label you have selected.
This manual method will allow you to easily import MBOX to Gmail account but there are certain drawbacks which you have to face during executing this manual method.
- Lengthy and time taking process.
- Lots of confusion might be there if you are a novice person.
- Needs prior technical knowledge.
- Risk of data loss is there.
Using Expertise Tool
So if you want to save your valuable time and want to play safe from such a long and confusing method, you can opt out for SysInfoTools MBOX Exporter tool. It allows you to convert MBOX files into Gmail more briskly without risk of data loss. The tool comes with the most advanced technology which can manage and handle the MBOX files very smartly and without any data alteration you can export MBOX files into Gmail.
- Easily converts batch MBOX emails within no time.
- Easy to use software with an interactive user interface.
- Removes duplicate emails from MBOX mailbox.
- Compatible with all versions of windows os.
So I hope this post makes you learned about both the ways to import MBOX to Gmail account. You can use any of the above-discussed methods to complete the task of MBOX mailbox emails into Gmail. But before doing it manually always remembers that time is money. Till then keep reading.