Many times, to increase the security of PDF documents, you need to add watermark to it. So, let us see how to add watermark in PDF file?
What is a PDF Watermark?
It is any text or an image that you can view either in front of or behind a PDF document like a stamp. You can also add multiple watermarks to one or more PDF documents. So, you have to add watermark separately and you can specify the page or range of pages on which each watermark appears for PDF security.
The watermark is integrated into PDF pages as a fixed element.
So, let us see how to add watermark in PDF file on your own.
Methods to Add Watermark to PDF Files
Method 1: Add a watermark to PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro has an advantage that allows you to apply a watermark to a number of pages, specific pages or all pages that you need watermark on.
- To add watermark your document, Follow the given below steps:
- First,go to the menu page.
- Then click on Tools > go to Pages > Watermark > then add Watermark.
- If you want to apply a text watermark, click on Source > then go to Text.
- If you’re going to apply an image watermark, click on File and choose your desired image.
- You can easily adjust the text and style settings and preview the watermark before applying it on your PDF document.
- For scale and location adjustments, click Appearance. Moving ahead select Page Range Options to specify whether you want to put watermark to a specific page or all of the pages of your PDF document file.
- When you’re done adjusting the settings, next add image watermark to PDF by clicking ‘OK’ under the Add Watermark tab.
Method 2: Add a watermark with the help of an open document
- First of all, Go to Tools >then Edit PDF >click on Watermark > Add watermark
- If you want to apply the watermark selectively to individual pages, go to the Page Range Options. After that you can specify a page range and choose a Subset option.
- Ways to Specify the watermark:
- If you want to reuse a watermark and watermark options that you saved in an earlier session, go to the Saved Settings menu.
- In case you want to create a text watermark, select Text, and type the text in the box. Adjust the text formatting options as per your need.
- If you want to use an image as a watermark, go to File > click on Browse > select the image file. If you want to add multiple pages with images, specify the Page Number you want.
Method 3: Add or replace a watermark, with no document open (Windows only)
- Go to Tools > Select Edit PDF > then select Watermark > Add.
- In the dialog box, click Add Files, choose Add Files, and then select the files.
- In this step Click OK to close the Add Watermark dialog box.
Method 4: By using Microsoft Word
Step 1. Type the entire document in which you want to add the watermark, or keep the document saved which will be finally copied to the page containing the watermark.
Step 2. In this step Go to the "Page Layout" option in the upper Menu Bar
Step 3. You will see the panel comprising many other sub panels
Step 4. You can see under the "Page Background" panel, "Watermark" option is given.
Step 5. Now select the "Watermark" option.
Step 6. When you click on the "Watermark" option, a box containing varying patterns is shown below the "Page Background" panel.
Step 7. You can also customize your own watermark from choosing the "Customize Watermark" option below the patterns easily.
Step 8. After you select the "Customize Watermark" option, you will see a box with "Printed Watermark" option.
Step 9. The box contains three options of adding watermark to your PDF documents.
To sum up:
These are some of the ways to add watermark in PDF file document. You can also use some online free tools to do the job. These manual methods can help you secure your PDF files easily.