Can't open NSF database file.

Can't open NSF database file.

Postby manthamm » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 am

Hi everybody. I need to work on some NSF database files of Lotus notes server. But whenever I try to open them a error stops me to go further: "You are not authorized to access that database." Why I'm not able to open these files?
manthamm

Re: Can't open NSF database file.

Postby forforumsysinfo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:00 am

It seems the files are secured by the administrator or file's owner. From where you got these files? May you briefly explain?
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby manthamm » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 am

Lotus notes 8.0.1 is installed here in my Windows Vista system. When I try to open some database files on the server I just can't. I get an error saying that I'm not authorized to access the database. Any help?
manthamm

Postby forforumsysinfo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 am

You are getting this error because the files are secured or protected.
  1. To resolve this problem you need to enable the ACL (Access Control List) permission, Create personal folders/views, as well as the Create shared folders/views permission. You may also right-click the folder and choose Remove Folder.
  2. There is one more way to fix this problem. You need to turn on the Full Access Administrator option in Domino ACL. You may do this by: Right click the desired database > Click the ACL (Access Control List) > Add your name over there as a person and a manager. You'll be done.
Hope this information will be helpful.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby Natty_sem » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 am

It seems the files are protected or secured. You may try a third-party tool to remove the restrictions from them. NSF local security remover can help you in this matter. It will remove all the securities from those database files and make you able to access them. You may try it free demo version.
Good luck.
Natty_sem

Return to Other discussion