PowerPoint presentation file becomes blank.

General discussion on MS PowerPoint and its presentations.

PowerPoint presentation file becomes blank.

Postby riellie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:31 am

I designed a Presentation file in MS PowerPoint 2007. Whenever I double click on it, my PowerPoint applications starts and stops by a blank presentation. It seems that it does not open the file correctly. I also try to open it by "Open with" option but still no luck comes out for me. Do you know what's wrong here? :?:
riellie

Re: PowerPoint presentation file becomes blank.

Postby jammy_crs » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 am

Open your PowerPoint application. Click on "Office" button. Click on "Open". Browse your system directory and select that file from it. Now click on "Open" button. Select "Open and repair". The file will be opened. 8-)
jammy_crs

Postby riellie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

I have already tried this. But no luck. I don't think so that my file is corrupted or damaged. Anything else you can see here.
riellie

Postby eppy_dean » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 am

Are you sure the file is not a shortcut? Last month I was trying to open a PDF file but it was not happening. I thought it was damaged, but then I realized that the file was nothing, just a shortcut. The original I already deleted. :D
What a fool I am...........! :lol:
eppy_dean

Postby riellie » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:52 am

eppy_dean wrote:Are you sure the file is not a shortcut?

Yes, I'm absolutely sure that it's not a shortcut. It's a complete presentation file.
riellie

Postby jammy_crs » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:57 am

I think the file is corrupt. But still you can try to open it in OpenOffice or MS Word. If it opens in OpenOffice then great, if not then try to open in MS Word. It it opens then you can recover atleast the text part of your file. :)
jammy_crs

Postby eppy_dean » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:10 am

riellie wrote: Yes, I'm absolutely sure that it's not a shortcut. It's a complete presentation file.

I think jammy_crs was right. Your file is corrupted. I don't know why, but it is. You need to use a third-party recovery tool to recover your data from corrupt PPTX file. Try PPTX recovery. 8-)
eppy_dean

Return to MS PowerPoint- Help Forum