How to Clean Slides ?

General discussion on OpenOffice and its presentations.

How to Clean Slides ?

Postby Bryan L. Warfield » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:54 am

Hi,

I had a PowerPoint presentation that I've been editing in Impress. It's fine. When I insert a new slide, it's clean, just like I want it. No Title Box, no "Click to add text"
box and no icon in the middle of the slide to add pictures etc. I opened Impress to start a new presentation. And when I insert a new slide, each one has a title box, a
click to add text box that already has a bullet point set up, and the icon in the middle to add pictures etc.

How do I set it up to get a totally clean slide with nothing on it like the other presentation?

The bullet point is especially annoying because when I delete it the cursor indents by itself and you can't get back to the left edge of the box. Why does it do that?
I could copy a new slide from the first presentation and paste it into the new one (as many times/slides as I need), but there has to be a way to bring up clean slides.

Thank you in advance..
Bryan L. Warfield

Re: How to Clean Slides ?

Postby MikeLON » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:39 am

Hi,

The stuff you're describing is coming from the slide "layout". It's there to help you organize the items on the slide but it's not really there
unless you actually use it--unless you actually type something in the bullet list area, it's completely empty and you can effectively ignore it.
More to the point, you can change the slide layout at any time using the "Layouts" panel at the right side of the screen. One of the provided
layouts is completely empty, if that's what you want.

I believe the "New Page/Slide" operation uses the same layout as the previous slide but that may not be the case.
I hope this will help you.
thanks,
MikeLON

Postby Bryan L. Warfield » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:43 am

Great, That's what I was looking for.
Thanks,
Bryan L. Warfield

Postby Bryan L. Warfield » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:43 am

Great, That's what I was looking for.
Thanks,