Having strange problem with Adobe Reader?

General discussion on Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader and PDF files.

Having strange problem with Adobe Reader?

Postby fully_H » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:30 am

I'm having a strange problem here in Adobe Reader program. While installing it on my system, the installation fails and I come to know that it doesn't have access permissions to the folder :\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\.
Reference (Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroPDF.dll).
I'm not done with this. When I try to delete other Adobe folders, I come to know that I don't have full permission to the Adobe folders on my C drive.

Is it strange or normal? It doesn't seem to be normal in my opinion. Any help?
fully_H

Re: Having strange problem with Adobe Reader?

Postby forforumsysinfo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:24 am

I found the same issue on Adobe Forum community.

You need to remove all the traces of Reader from your computer. To do this, you need to download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool. Click on this link to go to the download page.

Once you have removed all the traces of Reader from your computer, you need to download the full Adobe Offline Reader Installer. Click on this link to go to the download page.

Once the downloading has been completed, restart your system and run the installer first.

Hope the information would be useful.
Regards. :D
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Return to Adobe Acrobat & Reader- Help Forum