cannot extract backup file

General discussion on Windows backup and its restoration.

cannot extract backup file

Postby vikky.H » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi friends, having bad time here. Last week I had to format my system due to virus infection. But before formatting I backed up some of my essential data in an external hard drive. Yesterday when I opened the backup file I just couldn't. The file couldn't be opened. I don't know it's corruption or what but very bad for me. This backup file contains my essential data but I can't extract it. Whenever I open it I get this error: "The backup file is unusable. You must erase it, or choose another file".
Please help me. Is there any way to extract a corrupt backup file? :(
vikky.H

Re: cannot extract backup file

Postby Natty_sem » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:17 am

You cannot extract your backup file if it is corrupted. You must repair it. NT-backup utility built-in repair can help you in this matter. Try it. :D
Natty_sem

Postby kaie12 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:07 am

I'm also facing the same problem. And I think NT-Backup tool fixes minor corruption issues automatically. But here's something more serious. I'm unable to extract some of backup files. Please help. I don't know anything in this matter. Many thanks in advance.
kaie12

Postby forforumsysinfo » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Natty_sem wrote:You cannot extract your backup file if it is corrupted. You must repair it. NT-backup utility built-in repair can help you in this matter. Try it. :D

Well, you were little bit right and little bit wrong. NT-backup tool automatically fixes minor corruption from corrupt backup files and open them. But sometimes NT-backup tool fails to open backup files due to heavy corruption. You may a third-party BKF recovery tool. It can recover data from corrupt backup files. You may try its free demo version. Hope it will help you.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Return to System Backup & Restore- Help Forum