Adobe Reader gets closed continuously.

General discussion on Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader and PDF files.

Adobe Reader gets closed continuously.

Postby lola_run » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:03 am

Hello friends, I'm having a strange problem here. My Adobe Reader program is malfunctioning on my computer. I have some PDF files which were fine and easily openable. A few days ago, a very strange problem started here. Whenever I tried to open any of PDF files, the window gets closed after 5 seconds. I have no idea what causes this? Are my PDF files corrupted or something wrong with my Reader?
Thank you.
lola_run

Re: Adobe Reader gets closed continuously.

Postby forforumsysinfo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:07 am

May be you are right or may be not.
BTW, what's your operating system? And, which version of Adobe Reader are you using? These information would be really helpful for us to find out the real cause behind your problem.
Regards. :D
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby lola_run » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:36 am

My operating system is Windows 7 and I'm using Adobe Reader XI. I updated my old Adobe Reader X to Adobe Reader XI.
Any help?
lola_run

Postby forforumsysinfo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:01 am

lola_run wrote:My operating system is Windows 7 and I'm using Adobe Reader XI. I updated my old Adobe Reader X to Adobe Reader XI.

All right, so you have updated your Adobe Reader X to Adobe Reader XI. It seems you haven't accepted the License Agreement. Just do one thing, go to this path on your Windows Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader
Find Eula.exe and double-click it. The License Agreement window will appear. Accept the license agreement by clicking on Accept tab.

If this fixes your problem, then great. But still if the problem persists, then this could be a malware issue. In such situation, you must repair your existing Reader installation.
Do this:
1. Click on Start.
2. Click on Control Panel, and then select Programs and Features.
3. Select Adobe Reader and click on Change.
4. Choose the option to repair the Adobe Reader installation.

If this even doesn't work, then I'll suggest you to uninstall and reinstall your Adobe Reader.
Regards. :D
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Return to Adobe Acrobat & Reader- Help Forum