Corrupt .bkf file in Backup Exec 2012

General discussion on Windows backup and its restoration.

Corrupt .bkf file in Backup Exec 2012

Postby Natty_sem » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 am

I'm using Backup Exec 2012 (Symantec) to take backup of my computer data. A couple of weeks ago I made a 20GB of .bkf file. The file was split into five parts, i.e. 4GB each. The file was fine till last week as I updated it. But now when I try to open the file, it can't be opened and I receive this error: "Backup Exec fails performing a backup operation and encounters corrupt files". I tried some third-party apps to recover my data from it, but none of them supported recovery of a split .bkf file. The file is very crucial for me, so I can't afford any type of data loss. Please suggest me something to fix this problem.
Thank you.
Natty_sem

Re: Corrupt .bkf file in Backup Exec 2012

Postby forforumsysinfo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:35 am

The error "Backup Exec fails performing a backup operation and encounters corrupt files" means either your backup exec program is faulty or your .bkf file is corrupt. If your backup is faulty, then uninstall it and reinstall it. For better assistance you can contact Symantec Technical Department. In case if your .bkf file is corrupted, then you have only one option: repair the file by using a third-party repair or recovery software.

Natty_sem wrote:I tried some third-party apps to recover my data from it, but none of them supported recovery of a split .bkf file.

See I have no idea which third-party apps you have been tried so far but it seems you haven't used or even heard about SysInfoTools Backup Exec Backup Repair software. It supports recovery of corrupt .bkf files which are split into parts and in compressed form. This is the only software that supports such feature. It will recover your maximum possible data from each part of your corrupt .bkf file.
Regards. :D
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Return to System Backup & Restore- Help Forum