"Corrupt table/ index header" error.

Discuss your problem related to data and file recovery here.

"Corrupt table/ index header" error.

Postby Shvella » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:59 am

I'm using Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9. Recently experienced this error "corrupt table/ index header" while opening one of my .dbf files. I can't access my file anymore. Please help me. Does anyone know any fix of this? Please share it.
Thanks in advance.
Shvella

Re: "Corrupt table/ index header" error.

Postby manthamm » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:30 am

All you need to do is rebuild the corrupted database. This is the only fix of this error.
Or just do one thing, create a new table with the same file structure and try to copy your data from the original table. See if it works or doesn't.
Good luck.
manthamm

Postby forforumsysinfo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:02 am

This is one of the most common errors of DBF file corruption. It seems the file header is corrupted. I'm still working on this issue and hope to come with a fix very soon.
Anyway, you can try to create the index again. Just delete your index and create it again. But before this, make sure you would have backed up the database file.
Regards. :)
N. Semm
Site Administrator
To know more about Data Recovery Services, visit SysInfoTools Data Recovery & Email Management Services.
forforumsysinfo
Site Admin

Postby eppy_dean » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:25 am

Shvella wrote:Recently experienced this error "corrupt table/ index header" while opening one of my .dbf files. I can't access my file anymore. Please help me. Does anyone know any fix of this? Please share it.

To fix this error from your .dbf file you must use third-party DBF recovery software. This is the only effective solution one can use to fix this error. Due to this error you can't access your file,right? Just do one thing, download its demo version first. And see if it shows you the preview of recovered data or not. If it shows you, then get its full version to save the file.
Good luck.
eppy_dean

Return to Data Recovery- Help Forum